Black plastic Barrel in the new CNS carb

GoldenMotor.com

patricklogsdon

Jul 9, 2012
Louisville KY
I, built a bike for a guy, ok, now he knows how to ride it get it going. The black plastic barrel in the carb seems to get stuck. I know now it goes correctly only one way, but it seems that it is "jumping out of the guides" that keep it moving freely, up and down.
Anyone out there having the same problem or has had experience with this?
Should I buy the rebuild kit, or use a different carb. The guy at Kings Motor Bikes says a bunch of carbs are interchangable for the 66/80 cc engine kit that I have. This seems to be a design flaw at this point, but I need to ask the guy what led up to the carb messing up. It was running fine and then this happened.
Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks to all the people that post on this forum. It truely is a great resource.
Patdance1

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
When that guy says those carbs are interchangeable, he means you can use different ones on the same engine. Don't try to mix and match parts, for example, between a cns carb and an nt carb. But the nt carb seems to be the easiest to tune, as well as probably the cheapest.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I have a CNS V2 carb and never had that problem, and have read others posting about the newest CNS but never heard of this problem either, so I would have to say this is not a common problem. I'm pretty sure with the top screwed down (where the cables go in) the slide (black barrel) shouldn't be able to move up high enough to move above the peg that holds it in place, but apparently it is?
Wish I could offer help instead of just feedback about the carb in general, but I never heard of this problem. Without seeing it I am at a loss, so maybe post some pictures and someone can spot what might be wrong?
As for different carbs, you can run the NT, RT, Speed, CNS V1,2,3, those are the most common carbs. They will all work on any HT, but you might have to change or customize the throttle cable to change between carbs, and you might need to tune/jet a new carb to match your motor depending on how she runs....

patricklogsdon

Jul 9, 2012
Louisville KY
Thanks Nightcruiser, your responses are helpful! Talking about this situation, I wasn't around when my customer experienced this problem, so I'm going off of second hand info, but I will let you know how it turns out. Pat in Louisville KY