Levon Helm- RIP

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
....and put the load right on me.

That's two in two days. Great ones from years gone by. Dick Clark yesterday and Levon today.
My mom always used to say they came in threes. Who's next? :(

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

When you posted yesterday I was watching the old American Bandstand videos and thinking that the kids on there that survived were todays motor homers in Arizona. Now they are called snow birds.

Sh8t our past heros are melting away before our eyes and we can't do a thing but keep their memories alive in our minds.

Joe,
I'm losing personal friends at a he** of a rate myself and before long I won't have anyone to relive the old days with other than myself.
Probably why I keep posting about my exploits when I was young so someone hears what it was like in my day.

Steve

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Tom,

When you posted yesterday I was watching the old American Bandstand videos and thinking that the kids on there that survived were todays motor homers in Arizona. Now they are called snow birds.

Sh8t our past heros are melting away before our eyes and we can't do a thing but keep their memories alive in our minds.

Joe,
I'm losing personal friends at a he** of a rate myself and before long I won't have anyone to relive the old days with other than myself.
Probably why I keep posting about my exploits when I was young so someone hears what it was like in my day.

Steve
Yes, my oldest asked me yesterday if American Bandstand was "before my time"...I wasn't sure if I was proud or taken aback a little to say "No".

Now Levon....I e-mailed him a couple of years ago when "Dirt Farmer" came out. I wasn't surprised when I got a personal response from him.