Morini race

GoldenMotor.com

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hi guys.
There currently is winter in Germany and my Themometer shows
At -17 degrees. So I'll dispense with the test drive and make it until spring. You have to wait a bit before I can write you about the test drive with the new clutch was.
I would like to once again participate with you in a race
(Death Race).
Unfortunately, the distance separating us.
But there are pictures and videos, so I'm mentally too.
Yes, the clutch is not cheap, but what does not do anything for his hobby. In this sense, all the best till next time

Greetings Jean brnot

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hi guys.
There currently is winter in Germany and my Themometer shows
At -17 degrees. So I'll dispense with the test drive and make it until spring. You have to wait a bit before I can write you about the test drive with the new clutch was.
I would like to once again participate with you in a race
(Death Race).
Unfortunately, the distance separating us.
But there are pictures and videos, so I'm mentally too.
Yes, the clutch is not cheap, but what does not do anything for his hobby. In this sense, all the best till next time

Greetings Jean brnot
I hear you the winter months can be a burden. Hang in there warmer weather is coming!! Looking forward to your impression of your new clutchbrnot
I thought I read somewhere these were made in the U.S.A. ?

You say you want to pimp out your S6C? I have a contact that does head and port work CORRECTLY. You will gain about 10% hp. Have you done a compression check on that motor yet? I would like to see what that liquid cooled head is set at.150 to 160 psl is optimum.
I will have to do a compression check . My compression checker kit is not accurate I found out.. going to have to purchase a new one. :(

I spoke to your contact once a while back I have mean plans brewing:D

My S6S with a larger 21mm phbg Dellorto may be running higher compression than stock with just the carburetor upgrade. Reason I say this is because I have peaked inside my S6S 9.4 hp. and my S6T 5.8 hp.

Their heads jugs pistons etc look identical. The only difference are their ignition, smaller carburetor and smaller reed valves. What I want to say is just by making these breath a little better raises the compression because a bigger breath of air is more air to compress. Like turbo charging a car.

The S6T 5.8 I have came with a very restrictive reed valve ''single wall 3 peddle medal '' and a very restrictive small bore carburetor. Verses a 4 peddle on two walls carbon fiber.

My S6C is getting a 21mm Del for sure!! The S6C must have a reworked head don't know? I have not peaked in one yet. I also noticed it comes with the grippa style 3 shoe clutch. Which has better surface area to it. Instead of a clutch pad ''stone face'' with dimples it a has no dimples ''a flat surface'' ''face'' offering more surface grabbing area.

My S6S has the dimpled one and has actually done really well for me!

S6C INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 15,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6S INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 14,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6T DISPLACEMENT 49,8 cc INTAKE Reed valve w/3 flaps in crankcase
COMPRESSION RATIO 12,5 +/- 0,5 : 1

Last edited:

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hello guys

The address is

WWW. Tomarengineering.com

Jeff Weigert
Qaster Master Industries
510 Telser Road
Lake Zurich, Illinois 60 047, USA

I ordered my engine for the

Holeshot clutch LEM no 560 010
Installation Kit no 560 012

The coupling clocke has 14 teeth.
My large gear has 59 teeth.
It is important that you count your teeth.
Jeff Weigert gives you information and helps you.

Greetings Jean

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I hear you the winter months can be a burden. Hang in there warmer weather is coming!! Looking forward to your impression of your new clutchbrnot

I thought I read somewhere these were made in the U.S.A. ?

I will have to do a compression check . My compression checker kit is not accurate I found out.. going to have to purchase a new one. :(

I spoke to your contact once a while back I have mean plans brewing:D

My S6S with a larger 21mm phbg Dellorto may be running higher compression than stock with just the carburetor upgrade. Reason I say this is because I have peaked inside my S6S 9.4 hp. and my S6T 5.8 hp.

Their heads jugs pistons etc look identical. The only difference are their ignition, smaller carburetor and smaller reed valves. What I want to say is just by making these breath a little better raises the compression because a bigger breath of air is more air to compress. Like turbo charging a car.

The S6T 5.8 I have came with a very restrictive reed valve ''single wall 3 peddle medal '' and a very restrictive small bore carburetor. Verses a 4 peddle on two walls carbon fiber.

My S6C is getting a 21mm Del for sure!! The S6C must have a reworked head don't know? I have not peaked in one yet. I also noticed it comes with the grippa style 3 shoe clutch. Which has better surface area to it. Instead of a clutch pad ''stone face'' with dimples it a has no dimples ''a flat surface'' ''face'' offering more surface grabbing area.

My S6S has the dimpled one and has actually done really well for me!

S6C INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 15,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6S INTAKE Reed valve w/4 flaps in crankcase COMPRESSION RATIO 14,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
S6T DISPLACEMENT 49,8 cc INTAKE Reed valve w/3 flaps in crankcase
COMPRESSION RATIO 12,5 +/- 0,5 : 1
I just ordered a MORINI 21MM CARBURETOR and a S6 High Performance Complete Clutch Kit from Morini Franco USA. I'm told that the 21mm carb will increase of over rev on the motor (increase your RPM range). www.munnracing.com are the guys who do the head and port work. I would stay clear of Rob's Racing Engines. I feel like I got taken by this guy.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Thank you for the part number Russenmotor:)

Dflanagan I imagine with your big bore kit that you could have gone to a 24mm carb? A 21mm will help reflect a little fuel economy tho. I found from the stock 19mm Dellorto PHBG to the 21 made a substantial difference on my stock S6S for me tho! The back side view in that carb is much larger than the 19mm view ''backside''. Other than that they look pretty identical. It gave me better performance across the entire power band sucking better wind. Kinda like when a guy first reports back after he matched his ports on a China 2 stroke H.T.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hello guys. Goat Herder.
Thank you for your quick help!
Yes, the clutch bell is 84mm inside and outside of 89 mm.
I forgot to say I measured just now the 3 shoe bell. Looks the same for the grippa style as well 84mm inside 89mm outside.. The two shoe clutch bell measures the same except it is narrower leaving part of a 3 shoe assembly hanging out a little bit if some one tries it. That and a new 2 shoe bell has a raised ridge going down the center of the clutch shoe surface for some reason?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Looks like this one E. R. ?

Holeshot clutch LEM no 560 010
Installation Kit no 560 012

Hey Russenmotor

I imagine the weather has warmed up a bit for you? dnutHope you are getting in some quality ride time! This clutch sounds exiting. Looking to hearing the personal reviews on it. My stock clutch starts coming on a little later in the RPM's when I run a few hours of errands at a time in town over here.. It still has always worked for me tho.

Just don't have the money yet but wanna try one of these on my water cooled hot rod. With the added oil capacity and clutch design this sure sounds bullet proof in this regard? A great competing race clutch.:)

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hi guys.
Today is the 1st of April and the weather is going crazy with us
times sunshine and some snow!
Of course I have already installed the new clutch and went with it.
So what can I say, the old clutch is a toy compared to the new one!
The new right bites too hard and never let go! This is really the last bit transmitted or torque from the engine to the rear wheel.
You can tell there is no slip or slide. Sometimes the bike even comes up front, if I give too much gas.
IT's like Aydin (Motovelo) on his video.
The bike weighs 33kg and I currently 67kg.
I use it only for 201m sprint race.
Mine has 26er wheels, many of you have 24er wheels as you ought to remember it even stronger.

Now the technical.

The adapter has not agreed 100% with the holes of the motor.
I had a little more polish.
On the clutch are 6 springs, which are held in place with screws. These screws had been solved for me, therefore, the coupling has not worked perfectly. I had to secure it with Loctite.
To fix the clutch on the crankshaft stub and then compensate with washers was not so easy.
Determined, I also that the steel of the new clutch (primary cog) is much hardener as the secondary ring gear in the engine. I've noticed after the first oil change.
best regalts jean
sorry, my english isnt the best
.shft.

Last edited:

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hi guys.

After 4 hours the oil was like silver color.
Abrasion of the clutch and the wear of the large sprocket.
The expensive oil, I poured through coffee filter paper and cleaned with magnets.
I have also noticed if you push the bike backwards, that sounds coming from the engine. If I move it forward, they're gone. That comes from the meshing of gears. That has to import only.
The engine is on the clutch side is very hot, so I guess even the original oil. (Tomar coolblue Racing Clutch Coolant)

the price

I find the price too expensive for this little clutch.
The material and the production does not justify that price.
But if we compare this with the clutch 3 shoe clutch and the bell is like the difference between day and night.
I think we have probably been a little crazy to spend so much money. But there is no better.
I now wish you good luck in the race and during construction.

Greetings Jean.wee.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Jean for the update. I'm still waiting for my clutch to arrive. They shipped it on Thursday but we'll see if I get it in time. I might miss the first Grange Race because I might be sent out on a last minute project for a couple of weeks which would suck but at least will give me a chance to dial in and break in the clutch. What worries me is the statement about the clutch oil coming out silver and the clutch side getting really hot. I have one question and it's "How do you adjust the clutch engagement?" Is it by the springs?
Again thanks for the follow up and take pics of your races.
Ken
It sounds like you have to

Russenmotor

May 24, 2011
Germany
Hello easy rider.
Yes, the clutch is adjusted by more or less spring pressure exerted by the screw. Where the spring pressure is not, or he is too much for the speed you need, there are other springs. You must order this but extra.
On the side of www.tomarengineering.com that's all described in detail. Also the engine is hot and the more often you have to do oil changes.
Greetings Jean.trk

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Looks good Jean! I just installed my clutch but need to find the time to put the motor back in my bike and install my new pipe. If you get a chance, make a video of it running. I bet it runs good with the Tomar clutch.