Laid-Back Seat Post

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,All
Is anyone interested in my version of a lay-back seat post? It is made from 1.5"x.375"x 5.375 long steel both ends are radiused and drilled thru,the stock size is, seat post 1.062 or 27mm 6" long. Set back is 5" and the seat stub is 2.75"long x .840" or 21.35mm, both the seat post tube and the seat stub are Tig welded top and bottom.They come primered ready for paint. I can make them to fit any bike.$20.+$10.shipping. The one shown on top is a custom order.I now can do Paypal.Kip.
[email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Yes, Kip does do good work!I ordered one of his laid back posts to fit into my Monark frame and to except a Schwinn seat.I recieved my custom made laid back seat post in less than a week.It is a high quality seat post with a cool design.I would recomend this post over the Pirate cycles post for two reasons 1)This on looks better IMO 2)You can get custom sizes.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Yes, Kip does do good work!I ordered one of his laid back posts to fit into my Monark frame and to except a Schwinn seat.I recieved my custom made laid back seat post in less than a week.It is a high quality seat post with a cool design.I would recomend this post over the Pirate cycles post for two reasons 1)This on looks better IMO 2)You can get custom sizes.
Thanks MotoMagz for the compliments.Let's be clear custom sizes= custom prices! Kip.
[email protected]

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Dang! That looks nice! Too bad bout two months ago I bought one from Pirate. I had concers about the cantaleaver snapping with my weight on it and had a gusset added like you have done here; but it dosnt have the nice lightening holes of your piece. I think braceing like this adds a lot of extra capability and saftey to a layback. Think about the thing snappin at speed and your most important bits getting caught between an exposed spinnning wheel and the frame :eek: and I think most would opt to get your part right off the bat.

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
I just got home from Kips house and I have to tell ya the man is a craftsman. I just love looking around his shop and admiring all his cool ideas and projects in the making. Everything is high quality and well thought out. Don't hesitate to buy anything from him!

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I just got home from Kips house and I have to tell ya the man is a craftsman. I just love looking around his shop and admiring all his cool ideas and projects in the making. Everything is high quality and well thought out. Don't hesitate to buy anything from him!
Thanks ruppster! That makes at least two of us that thinks my ideas are cool! Just remember the confidentiality agreement I made you sign! Kip.
[email protected]