Grubee GT-5 vs Dax F-80

GoldenMotor.com

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Ok I blew up my gt5 with about 450 miles on it. The motor did run strong. I know it was my fault by over reving it on accident. Pot hole with clutch in trying to rev match going 25mph. Needed a new motor so I called Duane. I thought that the price was a little steep, until I got the motor. There is a reason he charges a little more for the little china girl. I have about 75 miles on this motor now so its not even broken in. It will out pull my gt5 broken in. I have more low end torqe and my top end is at least the same, possibly 1-2mph higher. The ports looked a lot cleaner and the gaskets that came with the kit are a LOT better. It almost looks like he cleaned the ports up. The kit comes with a straight head as opposed to a slant head. The straight head seems to be a bit quieter than the slant. Duane claims to have a 69cc engine over a 66cc...although I cant prove this. All I am saying is that if you dont want to fiddle with a china girl out of the box then spend the little extra and get the F-80 from thatsdax.com over the Grubee GT-5. Thanks for reading this little review of mine. Also thank you Duane for making top notch stuff.xct2

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
ski
most of the dealers advise a couple of gallons for reak-in period
the manic mechanic will tell you that it still breaking in till 500 miles but most it in the first 200 or 300 miles
rest the motor for 15 minutes every 30 minutes for the first 75 miles.
many of these things run schorching hot but run cooler with time. i reccomend about 75 miles of coolind down periods
keep in mind that these chineese motors are a cheap piece of crap, but baby them a little and keep them in tune and you will get thousans of fun hours

stay dry
gubba

Last edited: