First 2 stroke build with RAW 80cc engine

GoldenMotor.com

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
Anyways, I cleaned my bike a little bit today.

-I put Tire Gloss/Protector on the tires.
-Leather protector for the seat.
-Cleaned the exhaust leakage from the exhaust port.( I noticed that it only leaks when it is cold, but when it warms up it seals.)
-Cleaned the tank.

and pretty much clean the whole bike. =)

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
Ok, so i just did a 30 mile ride. I was still using 75:1 break in mix.

But i noticed a power and top speed drop by about 5mph.

So i decided to take the head off, and the bolts were on the loose side. But the gasket is in good shape.

I also put JB weld on my sloppy solder job. Maybe there was an air leak...

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
I dont know WTF is going on but i lost 8mph from top speed since break. The torque is the same though. It will only go up to 25 mph. I checked head bolts and for air leaks.

I have to go, so i will check back later.

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
...ok.

I think its my speedometer. Its been glitching. Whenever I go to a gas station or to the magnetic strips in the ground, it glitches my speedometer. Maybe thats why it reduced or it might have never even go up to 33mph. I dont know, but the bike is working great.

watsup

Apr 28, 2011
new york
i would got a bit richer on the oil, 75:1 is a bit to lean for my liking, and the plug looks grey, should be a nice cardboard brown, id do 45:1 or 50:1 aint worth seizing up the motor or wearing it out faster than needed

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
i would got a bit richer on the oil, 75:1 is a bit to lean for my liking, and the plug looks grey, should be a nice cardboard brown, id do 45:1 or 50:1 aint worth seizing up the motor or wearing it out faster than needed
I am using Opti 2 oil, which is supposed to be mixed at 100:1.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Where did you buy your engine? I wanted a raw motor, but all the places seem to have it discontinued.

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
I ordered a kit for my first MB build from HERE. Just got it 3 weeks ago, $188 with shipping. Now I see the same kit is $219 without shipping.
I wouldnt trust RAWMotors.com right now....VERY SHADY. I had someone PM me about not getting his kit, eventually he did, but its very shady and scary right now. I would look for a different place, if you could find one...

Order at your own risk!!! ITs 50/50 right now.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
It's become tough to import 2-stroke engines. If Raw is deciding to quit the business in America, they're probably trying to milk these motors for what they're worth and charge a butt load. They're still selling engine kits for now, and I've heard that people are still receiving their kits, but Raw doesn't even bother with customer service anymore. I bet they'll go belly-up within a year from now.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Why did it become tough? Because of EPA? 2 strokes are very fuel efficient so that shouldn't be a problem. Does that law apply in California? Because I can get a few engines straight from China as well, as long as the customs in California will allow it. Hopefully, there is no customs at all, that means no customs fee either. :).

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Alright, I found one web page: discountbikeengines.com and I would like to know how you would rate their reliability because I have yet seen anyone use them so far. And I emailed them and no reply yet.

quik225

Aug 13, 2011
Eustis FL
I wouldnt trust RAWMotors.com right now....VERY SHADY. I had someone PM me about not getting his kit, eventually he did, but its very shady and scary right now. I would look for a different place, if you could find one...

Order at your own risk!!! ITs 50/50 right now.

I must have got lucky. Ordered Monday Aug 8, shipped Monday Aug 8 from LVNV, delivered Friday Aug 12 to OrlFL.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Alright, I found one web page: discountbikeengines.com and I would like to know how you would rate their reliability because I have yet seen anyone use them so far. And I emailed them and no reply yet.
I once contacted him earlier this year when I was looking for my first kit, and he seemed like a nice guy. Found him on craigslist and talked to him over the phone. However, I lost his phone number and he hasn't responded to any of my emails recently. I might avoid him until he starts advertising again. He's located in California, so if he's still selling then that means he's another Cali-friendly distributor.

EDIT: Here's his phone number if you want to try calling him.
626-757-6862

Last edited:

Kristof

Jan 21, 2011
Aliso Viejo, CA
I once contacted him earlier this year when I was looking for my first kit, and he seemed like a nice guy. Found him on craigslist and talked to him over the phone. However, I lost his phone number and he hasn't responded to any of my emails recently. I might avoid him until he starts advertising again. He's located in California, so if he's still selling then that means he's another Cali-friendly distributor.
Yeah, seems like a good website.