1927 Harley Boardtracker on Ebay

GoldenMotor.com

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Wow ... that kind of money for a bike assembled from parts, albeit, historic and rare parts. Still, as complete machine, it has no history. I've heard of Duesenbergs cobbled together in a similar fashion and bringing a couple million, so you can evidently do the same with Harley parts. If I remember right, the only traceable part number on a Duesenberg is on the crankshaft.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
If I can sell two of my china girl bikes, for 12K ea. I will put in a bid.

Anyone interested in two bikes!

Thanks for posting the link, some great pictures.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
with cars and bikes you can always take another out for a ride... It is never a good idea to suggest this to the third!!!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
am i the only one who wouldn't be even remotely interested in buying this if i had the cash just lying around?

the amount of work and money that would go into acquiring one to restore and restoring it to a brag worthy condition wouldn't be worth the bragging rights of having it imo, an i certainly wouldn't take it for a ride.

i think sure it's cool, but i really don't see why people are interested in it enough to offer $28,000+ on it.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
heck if I had the money I would buy it :) I would ride it as often as the weather allowed. If I had ENOUGH money, it could be a daily driver because I could afford replacement parts or have new ones made :D

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Very, very nice bike. Almost as impractical as a chocolate tea pot, but eye-candy nonetheless. I don't think I'd buy it if I had the money though. I'd want to ride it everywhere and I couldn't do that legally without significantly altering many things on the bike. I'd have to put a full compliment of lights on it, a clutch and some gears would be nice, maybe some brakes too, a real working throttle rather than just a spark advance/retard, tires with air - so I wouldn't be jostling my teeth at every bump, heck...you're looking at a whole different bike after a while. Maybe this ain't quite for me. But then again, there was that one Indian 8-valve......:)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Nice, but at 28K I could get a class -3 vintage full- auto Thompson Sub-Machine gun with drum mag. I would use it more :)
its at 46k now, and reserve is still not met.
to me thats laughable because if he doesn't sell it, what's he gonna do with it? stick it back in a garage to collect more rust?

the way i see it this won't have parts readily available anyways, and what comes up for sale will probably be rusted anyways. so whoever buys it will probably custom fabricate their parts, which really makes it more of a 1 off replica then a true 1927 harley,so why is this thing worth so much?

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
am i the only one who wouldn't be even remotely interested in buying this if i had the cash just lying around?

the amount of work and money that would go into acquiring one to restore and restoring it to a brag worthy condition wouldn't be worth the bragging rights of having it imo, an i certainly wouldn't take it for a ride.

i think sure it's cool, but i really don't see why people are interested in it enough to offer $28,000+ on it.
nope, definitely not the only one. for the price it's at now, I could buy another sti and have lots of money left over for suspension and engine mods. definitely a waist of money IMO... but, we aren't people with more money than we know what to do with. to some people 100k isn't that much money.... if they have been wanting a 1920s board track Harley... here is the chance, I'm sure somebody somewhere is very excited right now.

Nice, but at 28K I could get a class -3 vintage full- auto Thompson Sub-Machine gun with drum mag. I would use it more :)
not in Sacramento you wouldn't...

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
nope, definitely not the only one. for the price it's at now, I could buy another sti and have lots of money left over for suspension and engine mods. definitely a waist of money IMO... but, we aren't people with more money than we know what to do with. to some people 100k isn't that much money.... if they have been wanting a 1920s board track Harley... here is the chance, I'm sure somebody somewhere is very excited right now.

not in Sacramento you wouldn't...
I'm not staying here for the rest of my life! Lol!