Engines shipped to CALIFORNIA

GoldenMotor.com

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Yup, we sure can!

Check us out at motovelo.us

Our price of $207 includes tax and two day Fedex shipping anywhere in the US.

Last edited:

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I just saw your ad on FLEABAY.
It left an impression.
NOT a good one I must say.

One Dollar Buy it now with Two Hundred and Ten Dollars Shipping.

The Sixty dollar premium you charge over the other vendors buys a customer what ????

I chuckled all the way too here.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
The Sixty dollar premium you charge over the other vendors buys a customer what ????
the fact is they'll ship to CA, when most vendors wont. so they kinda have the market cornered in a sense. i'm sure theres a couple others that will, but they have the ability to over charge because there aren't many alternatives.

for all we know getting the permits to sell these in CA costs a lot, so the cost is reflected. not sure if that's true but it's possible.

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
this guy is setting himself up for a run-in with carb... I don't think the $60+ per engine he gets in raping the market is going to cover the lawyer.

I'm really happy I bought a bunch a year ago when they went on sale.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
the fact is they'll ship to CA, when most vendors wont. so they kinda have the market cornered in a sense. i'm sure theres a couple others that will, but they have the ability to over charge because there aren't many alternatives.

for all we know getting the permits to sell these in CA costs a lot, so the cost is reflected. not sure if that's true but it's possible.
Everything you said above is incorrect.
You don't live in CA and don't know anything about the situation.

There is NO permit available to sell non CARB approved engines in CA.
It is illegal to sell non carb approved engines in CA BUT the chances of
them going after an out of state seller is not very likely.
It is probably a $10,000+ fine IF CARB goes after you.

CARB is an insane government bureaucracy run by a crazy lady.
They want everyone in CA out of their cars and onto mass transit
which does not exist. They also want to make laws that will cripple the CA
economy even more than it is today. CA is bankrupt and is or will be a third world state.

There are LOTS of alternatives, I could name LOTS of sellers that will ship to CA and that would include the best 2 stroke motor that I have tried.

Buying from the guy above would not be a good choice in my opinion.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Everything you said above is incorrect.
You don't live in CA and don't know anything about the situation.

There is NO permit available to sell non CARB approved engines in CA.
It is illegal to sell non carb approved engines in CA BUT the chances of
them going after an out of state seller is not very likely.
It is probably a $10,000+ fine IF CARB goes after you.

There are LOTS of alternatives, I could name LOTS of sellers that will ship to CA and that would include the best 2 stroke motor that I have tried.

Buying from the guy above would not be a good choice in my opinion.
all the links on the side of the pages, most of them will not ship motors to CA, so i'm betting that the amount of companies that will are far out numbered by those that wont.

there may be alternatives but again probably not many of them in comparison. if someone knows another place selling them that will ship to CA for a better price go for it. idc about it because like you said, i don't live in CA, so i don't gotta deal with that crap , i'm pointing out the logic of a merchant, something that i actually am. i buy things for $3 and sell em for $30+ all the time. not even that hard for me to get them, but its hard for the people i'm buying for to get, so i make profit and not much they can do.

and the best part of my post:

where i pointed out his costs could simply be related to the cost of doing business OR that i could be wrong.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i know a few guys that'll ship (to me, anyway;)) in california, and the average cost is right around 180 bucks.

he's got the right idea, though. with the $1 buy it now, ebay doesn't get a big chunk of the sale price.