Updated pics new wheels and fork

GoldenMotor.com

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Far Northern N.S.W Australia
Pretty much finished the springer ,apart from some decorative work and painting . the fork works well as far as I can tell and it handles good , maybe the extra weight has an effect ,anyway I need to go for a few more rides ,just realized I have to make a bracket to fit a disc brake , Id like a drum but havent found one as yet .

Attachments

mudbugone

Aug 12, 2010
Louisiana
I agree it has the look of an original old bike that someone added a newer motor to... Great job.

If they don't like it as a bicycle...How do they want to classify it?

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Thanks to both of you , not worried about how the authorities see this bike , I only ride it on the weekends , it would be great to have some sort of certification for the power output like my 2 stroke bike , dumb thing is this bike runs so much cleaner and uses so little fuel.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Simonjohnwilmer That is a nice looking ride. You Australian's are crafty fellows. I have seen some great work come out of Australia!

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Keep up the good work! She is looking good! I have to wipe the drool off the screen when I look at it. I hope you are going to do something with that seat. It looks like it would be hard on the back side.

Terry

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
This is exactly what I envisioned as one of the three bikes I want to have at the educational process here

I would love to know more about the build process of that frame

simonjohnwilmer

Jul 16, 2009
Re: Updated pics new Handlebars

New bars for both of these bikes , the red bike has Electra Old School Cruiser bars , they werent big enough so I extended then somewhat , these bars are great for this bike , the Schwinn has Electra Flat Tracker bars , they are the best Ive come across just the right height and width .

Attachments