Trike Motor Assisted Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
My Easy Friction Drive Trike Build. I Would Recommend The Hf 52cc Engine. Clamped A Piece Of 1/2" Dura Rod To Seat Stays With Small Muffler Clamps. On My Diy Motor Mount, Drilled The 3/8" U Bracket Holes To 1/2" To Fit The Shaft And Used Two Split Collars To Hold Mount In Position. "bikemotorparts.com" Has A Great Price On Scratch/dent Friction Kit Less Engine. The Harbor Frieght 52cc Water Pump Engine Is A Great Motor, Pump Sells For $100. Comes With Gas Tank, Muffler. You Will Need A Long Throttle Cable.take The Motor Off The Pump And Buy Commom 2 Shoe Clutch With The Two Special Bolts For Approx $15. W S/h. It Will Bolt Right Up To Friction Drive. This Motor Will Bolt To Cvt`s And Most Of The Tranny`s . You Will Be Able To Bolt The Friction Drive And Motor On Most 2 Wheel Bicycles Later By Using A 1/2" Pivot Bolt. If You Mount It On Full Suspension Bikes The Longer U Bracket Can Be Purchased Or Make Extensions. Friction Drive Is Mostly Trouble Free. Ron

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Re: Trike Mab

More pic`s. The Springer cruiser is a "zip cycle" friction drive with a jackshaft - 25cc. The black/silver dual suspension has the funny tank because the red head on the big bore kit melted a hole in the motor mounted gas tank. Ron

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Ron, Good job as always. It looks great. Does the friction drive have a sprag clutch on the roller? If this keeps up we're gonna need to ask for a 'Trike' section. Those 'other' guys have one. It would be interesting to see just how many trike builders we really have here.

That land behind you sure looks familar. I'm missing that look. I need to plan a visit down to see my brother in Ocala. I need some salt water, sand and a few beers on his boat.
Thanks for sharing yourt stable with us.
Tom

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Hi Tom, thanks. I don`t build anything fancy just, functional. as you can see i have a lot of parts!! lol. i hope my posts are taken as sharing and nothing more. at 70 yrs old i have done a lot of things. your trike is cool cool, supurb!! been checking the mail for your 30 bucks. lol. i think i will put all my inventory in a shed and start fishing again and try get my pontoon/house boat done. would like to cruise "the inter coastal waterway" (icw) a few days at a time in the house boat with my mab, propane stove and cast iron skillet!! yummy. ps i pm`d fair to move this thread to my friction drive thread. if he does, you idea is still great and i will post in it also. ron ..cvlt1

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Tom, Sorry I Did Not Answer Your Question. Yes, I Bought 10 Of The One Way 1 1/4" Drive Rollers Off Ebay. I All Ways Over Do It. They Are From Electric Friction Drives. Come With Shaft Slotted On Each End. I Made My Own Drive Shafts From 6" X 1/2" Allen Head Shoulder Bolts And Chop Sawed The Heads Off. But I Think They Are A Bit Under Size, The Roller`s Lock Up On The Shaft. I Did Grease Them, Maybe Not Enough. And Did Not Worry About (too Lazy??!!). I Will Mike My Bolts And The Orig Shafts And Post Later. Ron