My Florida rides!!!

GoldenMotor.com

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
I started building last year for the first time. My daughter came over with a Schwinn electric scooter so I said ' I'll give it a try?'. It went about 13 MPH and in about an hour, it was out of juice! So I was sure I could do better! I already had a mountain bike so I got on line and found Staton Inc. I bought the Subaru 33.5 cc motor and friction drive kit. That bike would fly!! Clocked it at 34 MPH!!! But, the front & rear brakes would'nt stop it very well. I tried new & bigger pads and I ended up after a week of that scarry experience, Buying a new bike that had coaster brakes. Problem solved!! Since then I have built a few bikes. All with coaster brakes! Here's some pic's from south east Florida. USA!!!(c)

Attachments

beachbikeron

May 18, 2008
Ya know, all I have is the coaster brake on these bikes because they have always worked so well. But a front brake would be cool. I originally installed front hand brakes on my regular 26'' cruiser because it came with no fender. The first GTS stretch cruiser had the springer forks and the big fender, I could'nt fit the brakes I had on them because of that. And I knew there was something out there but costly! So I decided to just stick with what I have!