Nov 25, 2008
On planet Earth
Hello i have a weed eater bike and i was wondering how i might be
able to get more power from it without having to buy anything
is this possible?

Speedy Wilson

Mar 10, 2009
Ringgold,GA
I'm just getting into the 2 stroke thing. If it works on a small block chevy it will work here right? Ok, my thoughts are to drill out the carbs bore slightly and fab a new butterfly from old car carb or throttle body parts. It has to be brass so it wont gunk up. More air= more power. Use a less restrictive air filter and try adding a wooden spacer between the carb and jug. Wood doesn't conduct heat and can be worked easily to different thickness to add "plenum volume". smooth the casting flaws out of the ports with a cartrige roll to improve airflow. Add a small pipe into a 3hp briggs muffler for better exhaust flow than the stock piece.
Ive heard it being done on a dirt bike but try at your own risk...Tig weld the top of the piston and shape it with a dremel tool to build a Dome to increase compression. I dont know how to check for clearence but i would only go about .100 higher. It sounds like a small amount but trust me you will tell the difference in cranking it over.
If all else fails add a touch of nitromethane mix...just kidding..I had a tread on nitro mix...I would love to try it but I'm going to waint untill I get my kit engine b4 i blow mine up.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
weed eaters have those no bowl carbs. I drilled my muffler but I'm not sure it did anything but make it louder.