Kohler K91 4HP

GoldenMotor.com

lalotte

Nov 4, 2010
Inglewood, CA
Over the weekend I purchased a Kohler K91 engine for my second Motorbicycle build at a local swapmeet.
I'm looking for leads on who has already built one with such engine. I've checked with Uncle Google for info with no success, and this forum also.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Over the weekend I purchased a Kohler K91 engine for my second Motorbicycle build at a local swapmeet.
I'm looking for leads on who has already built one with such engine. I've checked with Uncle Google for info with no success, and this forum also.

Hey lalotte, I think these photos are of a Kohler 4hp on a bicycle. The builder's name is Mike and he hangs out at the Adams Avenue Donut shop in Huntington Beach on Saturday mornings. He had it geared way too high to pull but I heard he changed it and got it runniung. I haven't seen the bike for a while. Mike also has an old woody. You could probably track him down fairly easily. Hope this helps.

lalotte

Nov 4, 2010
Inglewood, CA
MSRFAN,
Thanks for the leads, and great pictures of that bike!
I've also gone and checked some of your posts with great picts on those as well.

Also, I was wondering if one can apply a torque converter to those kohlers?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
MSRFAN,
Thanks for the leads, and great pictures of that bike!
I've also gone and checked some of your posts with great picts on those as well.

Also, I was wondering if one can apply a torque converter to those kohlers?
Thanks a lot. The Kohlers use a standard size shaft, so a comet or equivelant torque-a-verter setup should fit nicely and perform well as they are tuneable to a certain extent.
Keep us posted on your progress.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
those kohler k series engines are tanks and bullet proof, i restore cub cadet garden tractors and have a cub 108 with a kohler k 301 in it and a cub 128 with a k 301 and a spare k 241 complete motor .

i keep lookin at the old k241 and getting silly ideas of a super powered chopper lol