49cc 4 stroke huasheng

GoldenMotor.com

Kurtis100

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
I'm concidering getting a 4 stroke rather than a 2stroke, the only problem is that with the 2 stroke you have to actually petal it to start and the 4 stroke is pull start, I leave it outside all day at school and anyone can just pull it and leave it running. Is there anything I could do to it so anyone can't start it? Like removing a part of something for the day?

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
it's called a bike lock lol.........

or though it's been a very longggggggg time since i was at school from what
i remember of school the last thing i'd ever do is take a motorized bicycle to school
to many deviate kids would mess with it......

in saying that you'd need a locking gas cap, a hidden kill switch (not so easy on a bike)
some type of locking gas tap (so you can lock it in the off position) an 2 good bike locks
(locking both wheels to the frame an what ever you lock the bike to)

realistically to many of a head ache just a normal bicycle until you get home.........

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
But even if it's locked up, can't someone just pull the rope and start it when I'm not there?
yes they could, that said there are things you can do to prevent this. the simplest of wich is to remove a critical component and carry is with you. my advice would be to take the spark plug boot/ignition wire off the bike when it is parked. or get a keyed kill switch. (like a proper motorcycle has, it stays in the 'off' position and must be turned to 'on' with a key)

my advice in terms of parking the bike at school would be to try and find a private-esque location within the school you can use as parking. leaving the bike outside on a bike rack all day may be bad news waiting to happen (not sure how trustworthy you consider the student body to be, but in my experience with schools up here in Canuckistan I would be more than a little wary about leaving my bike unatended in the open) if there is some kind of auto/wood shop at your school you may be able to convince the teacher to let you park it inside that room (probably only marginally safer than outside)

a school is (in general) unwilling to back up a student in the event of theft. if something is stolen and the school administation is seen to be helping the student recover thier things then the school, is also seen as taking responsibility for the theft, meaning if you wanted to you could sue them for negligence. to prevent that most north americacn schools have a "too bad, not our problem" policy in regards to theft so as to avoid being responsible for thier own property and the wellbeing of the students.
in high school my locker was broken into and my scooter (push powered) was stolen. the school refused me access to a phone to prevent me from reporting the theft to the police. and proceeded to cite a page in the students day planner they forced us to buy at the begining of the year that stated something along the lines of "students are not to bring thier own methods of transportation to school i.e. bycicles, cars, scooters. as the school will not be responsible for them during school hours this includes all areas inside and outside the school including the parking lot"
also I was told that by purchasing the day planner (as I was forced to do so) at the begining of the year was tantamount to having signed a contract to that effect.

if you insist on taking your bike to school my advice it to put padlocks on everything (don't buy Master brand) you can padlock the pull starter handle to you motor if you are worried about people messing with it (just drill a hole in the handlle you can fit a padlock shacle through, then find somewhere on the bike you can clamp it to, or add a small bracket for this) also instead of a bike lock, buy the heaviest grade of chain you can and use that.

TL/DR: Multiple padlocks plus a healthy dose of paranoia and you should be okay-ish.