exhaust system for dax gp50r engine

GoldenMotor.com

weiserw

Sep 10, 2012
toronto
I have build a bike with dax gp50r engine. Without expansion tube and silencer it starts easily with great performance and NOISE.With ktm expansion tube and ktm muffler it is extremely difficult to start; often it won't start.

If anyone has put on a exhaust system to this engine with good starting and performance, please let me know how to do it.

Bill

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I have build a bike with dax gp50r engine. Without expansion tube and silencer it starts easily with great performance and NOISE.With ktm expansion tube and ktm muffler it is extremely difficult to start; often it won't start.

If anyone has put on a exhaust system to this engine with good starting and performance, please let me know how to do it.

Bill
I have a retwisted FMF Fatty pipe made for these motors and it works great even better than my stock BoXer center bled pipe.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
For my build I'll be using a used KTM50 OEM expansion chamber since this motor is a replacement for the Adventure Sr. engine. I don't know how the differences in volume of different expansion chambers would affect the power output, this should in theory make the claimed power with a muffler behind it. I certainly don't want to move the powerband upward any more.