Proper gap for S6t

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
What the proper gap for the spark plug on a s6t
I just got my NGK B8EGV today, as goat herder recommended to get.
I was surprised that pin that make the spark is so small !!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My apologies as when i suggested that you go with that plug I was assuming you had a S6S motor at the time? I would go for a roughly 24 tho inch gap and try that. That plug with its inherit heat range, self cleaning capability is mebbe better matched for the S6S motor and a larger carb?

Here is what I found in my own independent study the spark output looked consistently hotter/stronger on the S6T ignition system to me in comparison to the S6S. ignition.

I imagine the plug will work perfectly fine in your S6T model.. The electrode could wear down faster dunno?....

Could P.M. http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=163 and see what he uses on his S6T. With the racing at the tracks he does, will no doubt be a fair polished study.

If you look at the Morini USA sight it does suggest a plug for these motors when reading the model speck's. http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engines.htm My Stock plug actually did very well on My S6T motor. However NGK is my most favorite plug ever so far. Working in a small engine shop has consistently shown me that no one there likes Champions brand in a weed whacker , blower or lawnmower. We use Denso's and NGK plugs in everything. . Can always cross reference to one of these?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Dang, it's no problem though
I already got a direct NGK replacement for the stock plug champion.

I finally got to ride my boxer on longer distance ride (15 miles) to work
The full suspension is such a plush ride compared to other bike

It doesn't really like to stay at a constant speed and revs... It likes to slow down then accelerate back up. I had to ride on a wet road, do you think a little water will hurt it goat herder?

Also do you use tachometers? Were do you wrap the cable to get a good reading, I think my bike has the electronic ignition, I think I posted pic of it in a recent post.

Any help will be appreciated

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have not had great luck with tachometers and E.M.S. on the Morini. Mebbe somebody else will chime in on that. Mebbe you got the spark plug wiring wet dunno? I tend to avoid the wet I am like a cat avoiding water lol. I keep the water spots polished off my chrome and all. Never had a water prob detailing my ride tho. As for any oil residue build up I use a paint brush , running water hose and gas. That's when I let it get real bad. Usually just wipe my machine down every few days here..

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
It ran fine the whole way, it wasn't it a whole bunch of water... I was mainly concerned with water getting trough the filter and in the intake.
I try and run it tomorrow... Hopefully she starts and runs.

I wanna get the 4 flap reed setup and that intake from dean... Any idea how much that would cost and if he still has em?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I just looked and seams you do have the electronic ignition. Some reason the last owner put you a smaller carb? From your explainations.

I would go to that shop in person . That place is a neat place to be from what photos I have seen etc. Dean is pleasant to talk to lots of knowledge. Go see him and you will get set up nice!:)dnut