Clutch slipping, now stuck. I need an advise.

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi guys. I just bought and installed a centrifugal clutchkit for the first time because my clutch was dying from the day I bought this bike.

Now, after installing the CC, I realized that its scratching somewhere and after trying to turn the bike on I realized the clutch is still slipping.

So I opened everything again and saw that one of the bolts that come out of the clutchplate scratched on the CC. Not really the problem here, I took off the clutchplate too to take a look at the pads.

I saw a video on YT that explains how to adjust the clutch when slipping at start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huGUb3nrBA4

So I did exactly that but I assume I did it too extreme because now the engine wont turn even with the spark plug out. Should I just open it a little more or is the problem something else.

That would I would try, but its 1:30am now and at 6am I get picked up for surfing sunrise, so I hope until the morning somebody can give me a tip.

Thanks guys!

BTW - could somebody show me a link with video or picture where I can see how the regular clutch looks like without the CC? I would like to use it without the CC but I would need the connection to the crankshaft I guess. But that question doesn't have priority now.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thank you Fisherman. The engine didn't rotate anymore because the new clutch didnt fit in the casing. I had to use spacers for now and buy a couple gaskets to get more room. Other than that it runs good but it still works as regular clutch, nothing with Centrifugal Clutch even installed. Don't know why but thats ok, I like to use the clutch myself anyways.