see if you can watch without cringing.

GoldenMotor.com

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Awesome power in those things!! I could'a used 15 min. with those bikes BEFORE the shred!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Those Muthas! This must be financed by the automotive and oil industries! I see a lot of stuff being destroyed that a lot of people would want- , no NEED- if even just for parts- that red ten speed at the beginning looked like a decent vintage Raleigh.

This bicycle industry, this activity and this mode of TRANSPORTATION are being undermined and sabotaged and priced beyond viability. I've been around bikes for a lifetime and worked in many stores and the longer I live the more I think this is true.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Well I left a comment on the video. I bet the uploader never allows it to get posted though. It seems that they want to review/ censor all comments on it.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
yea I noticed the comment approve system, i can safely say they are a garbage dumb.

watching engine blocks shredded like light bulbs is way more entertaining.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I saw an illegally parked car dropped in one, in a youtube video. I guess the boss wanted someone to respect his authority!

Sad they don't have a spokes-for-folks type program there, but if people want to turn in their garage-ornaments for scrap $, can't do much about it.

I wonder how many of those bikes were stolen though! Some scrap pickers get greedy and start stealing things. Bicycles are a target because they are hard to trace, and by the time you know it's gone, it's hard to do much about it, sadly. Those bikes didn't look really that "used".

On the other hand, when I was a kid, I saw a lot of bicycles minus a wheel, or with some minor problem, tossed to the curb. As I got on the school bus, I'd sometimes see scrap pickers chunking them in their trucks.

My grubee cruiser was a dumpster find, with a broken wheel, crusty chain, and bad headset, but I gave it new life.