Anybody done this yet?

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang. Just finished up my Golden Eagle 32cc belt drive cruiser. I love the quality of the kit. Was wondering if anybody has used a higher displacement motor on the kit. Wasn't sure if anybody has tried a more powerful engine on that "composite" drive hub.

Since Im probably gonna try it, was wondering if anybody has a link to a place to find a 40 or 47cc Tanaka please let me know. With these San Diego rides if your not able to do 35-40mph consistantly you are getting left behind.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Nice looking build Cory.

Really starting to want a belt drive. They just have that classic look.
I agree, I really enjoy the reliability of the motors offered with the belt drive systems. Id like to source some of the slightly larger displacement motors 40-50cc on these kits.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
The EH035 is quieter, slower, but more fuel efficient.
The Tanaka is a little louder and reaches cruising speed faster

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
The EH035 is quieter, slower, but more fuel efficient.
The Tanaka is a little louder and reaches cruising speed faster
Just tried to order the 40cc from GoKarts and they sent me back an email saying that the kit is no longer available. I already built the 32cc kit and was looking forward to try the Tanaka 40cc. Oh well, I guess I'll look for something else. If I could find a place to source the engine alone I can buy the kit. I wonder if power was the issue?