Hmmm... Propane 4-stroke???

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Yes an in frame tank design would be cool. The 5lb tanks they have are 8in in diameter and a little over a foot long, not too bad. Could actually fit on top of the friction kit. All it would take would be an adapter and hose and you have 5 of the little tanks in one. But the minimum charge around here for a fill up is $12, no matter what size tank you have. We have an 11lb tank for our outside grill and they charge that minimum fee for it, won't budge on price. I've tried three places, ugh. With tax that's still about $2.50 a lb. When a pound only gets you 20 miles, its not so cost effective. You might as well just buy the canisters and throw them away at that price. What I'm waiting on is if someone can tell me how many refills you can get out of a 15/20 lb tank with the adapter. If its less than the total lbs of the tank that also is not worth it. A 20lb tank goes for $38.50 for exchange, $59 for the first tank. If I got a dozen refills off that before the pressure is too low, it would come to $3.20 a lb. Also not cost effective. Now someone who has a propane tank on their property would benefit and get a better price per lb, then it would be worth it. But as of now, I'm not really sure this is worth spending the money on.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Carry the tank in a trailer
Corgi, actually a great idea. The only way I thought that it could be economical would be a trike kit, with a friction drive on the front and a mounted tank on the rear cargo area. Certainly doable. But is all the added weight of a trike and big tank really going to work this little 25cc engine too much? Perhaps a good project for someone with a little cash to throw at it. You could mount a grill tank on the rear no problem. Also I had looked at the Stanton dual engine gear box for a front mount on a trike. You could run two of these things, but alas all they make now is a 78mm clutch bell version, which aren't cheap anyway.

Dnila

Mar 1, 2011
Wells, ME
Just took the fuel system off of a broken Lehr trimmer that I bought for 20 bucks on ebay for parts, and bolted it onto a Subaru Robin EH035 (35cc 1,6hp). Since the engine on the Lehr is a robin EH025, it fit perfectly. I bought the EH035 last year (with no gas tank, but I planned on converting it) from a guy that had a few of them and was advertising the on craigs list, and I think I saw his post here as well. It cost about $120 incl shipping as I recall. Anyway, after I bolted the fuel system on, I put oil in the engine, screwed on a propane cylinder, gave the card a quick priming and yanked the cord. Started on the first pull! I don't have i connected to anything yet, so I couldn't give it the gas without wrecking the clutch, but it had no problems running at idle. The EH035 fits a 76mm clutch, unlike the EH025. Next step is to get a drive system and put it on my Trek MB. I'm kind of leaning toward the Staton transmission and drive. Staton is also putting out a lehr/eh025 based kit, so I'll be able to get one of his throttle cables as well. If you have an EHo35 based bike, and want to convert it, but can't find an old trimmer to scavenge parts from, Sears has al the fuel system parts here http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...7/1503820/P0901044/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
The carb alone is over $50 and the plate the carb mounts to is different on the propane version, so you have to get one of those as well.

Dnila

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
Just took the fuel system off of a broken Lehr trimmer that I bought for 20 bucks on ebay for parts, and bolted it onto a Subaru Robin EH035 (35cc 1,6hp). Since the engine on the Lehr is a robin EH025, it fit perfectly. I bought the EH035 last year (with no gas tank, but I planned on converting it) from a guy that had a few of them and was advertising the on craigs list, and I think I saw his post here as well. It cost about $120 incl shipping as I recall. Anyway, after I bolted the fuel system on, I put oil in the engine, screwed on a propane cylinder, gave the card a quick priming and yanked the cord. Started on the first pull! I don't have i connected to anything yet, so I couldn't give it the gas without wrecking the clutch, but it had no problems running at idle. The EH035 fits a 76mm clutch, unlike the EH025. Next step is to get a drive system and put it on my Trek MB. I'm kind of leaning toward the Staton transmission and drive. Staton is also putting out a lehr/eh025 based kit, so I'll be able to get one of his throttle cables as well. If you have an EHo35 based bike, and want to convert it, but can't find an old trimmer to scavenge parts from, Sears has al the fuel system parts here http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...7/1503820/P0901044/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
The carb alone is over $50 and the plate the carb mounts to is different on the propane version, so you have to get one of those as well.

Dnila
thanks for the sears link man , i was looking for propane conversion parts for honda and subaru motors ..
Keith

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Dnila
That is awesome Dnila, thanks for posting. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing about your build. Been wanting to build one for 4 yrs. (that and about 100 others, lol)

.flg.