Stealth 4 Stroke

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Here's my build that I've been working on for years! Actually, since about November of last year I've been wanting a 4 stroke.

Micargi Stealth Cruiser
Dax Super Titan
Manich Mechanic 56Tooth Sprocket & hub adapter
Used mtb suspension forks from LBC\S
New front brakes from LBS
Whizzer tank from ebay
Flex pipe exhaust from EZ Motorbikes AZBill (in his Rolling Stones Concert Shirt)!
Engine mount from bicycle-engines
cranks from bikeberry
Center kickstand from LBS
D Bend Apehangers from LBS
Grenade Valve Stem Covers from Ebay
41 Chain from Dave's Cart & Cycle
Stewart-Warner analog speedometer from Bairdco.
LED light-up pedals from Ebay

I pieced this bike together. Every few weeks or so I would have enough money saved up in the "fund" to buy more components for this bike. It took a whil, especially because I had to make an adapter plate and didnt have the resources.

Attachments

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
DO YOU NOT SEE THE .50 CAL MACHINE GUN TURRET? Professor? Well then, it's a pretty good job of stealth, I'd say.

J/K It's a "Micargi Stealth" cruiser. At least it was until I got ahold of it.

Billy-Boy; I would get creamed riding out there on Shea. I will have to fix my wife's ford ranger and load up for that, but I'm always down for a ride with you. Maybe next time you'll let me ride that stretch of yours more than once around the block!

I took the 1/2 link off of my chain and adjusted the wheel in the dropouts. I still used the tensioner to keep the chain from rubbing the tire. I have some more space in those dropouts so I'll try to fit that wheel as far back as I can get it. Are there any techniques for that?
But I had the chain going at such a wierd angle that it was pullng my rear sprocket off! I got up to Metrocenter from my house and the bike starterd making intermittant noise and clunking every 1/2 second or so. I Stopped to adjust my tensioner and noticed that the bolts were coming out of my sprocket! They were actually unscrewing themselves!. I had a real interesting ride to work today and am currently fixing the problem as we speak. If it's good enough to get home, I can buy more bolts for the sprocket tomorrow because they've been sheared by my coaster brake arm. I will then locktite those bolts into the hub adapter.

I'm going back to Copper State Bolt & Nut tomorrow for some bew sprocket bolts!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike Bike

Mar 7, 2011
themikebike.com
hi smoothe,

i just got done reading ur thread, and i love ur bikes dax set up. i have some questions tho, did u use the dax tranny? (PTO gear box).

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Mike. It's a gearbox I got from Dax when I bought the super titan. It's NOT the PTO box, it's the 3.25:1 box.

I cruise real easy at 30-35MPH, but I haven't opened her all the way up yet, as I am still in break-in at less than 200 miles.

I'm thinking about getting a slightly larger sprocket. I'm running a 56T right now and am eyeballing a 62T so I can cruise at lower speeds. I like to look cool when I ride, not terrified.

Although this isn't the "Power Take Off" gearbox that Dax sells, it sure wants to "Take Off" when at a standstill. LOTS of torque, this thing pulls me out of an underpass like nobody's business, and pulls me right up a hill like it's nothing. I go faster than cars on some streets!

I'm using a #41 chain and a Manic Mechanic hub adapter & sprocket.

squirrel

Dec 2, 2010
hills of northern cali
Nice looking bobber-style bike!
in that pic of ur drive sprocket i noticed that it has about half as many bolts as the one that came with my china girl kit i got from e-bay, it just makes me wonder if what i have is overkill or what?
squirrel

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Well actually, it's a third as many bolts, but it is a sprocket adapter setup so it is truer and much more sturdy than rag joints. Basically, he doesn't need to use 9 bolts because it is a better system :)

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Mykustom, the crank wasn't hard to put in. Whenever I find something a challenge I just google it and I get pretty good instructions. If all else fails, I go o my LBS.

I got these cranks for $50 from Bikeberry because they were black. They chip and scratch easy.

mykustomcruizer

May 16, 2010
pa
ok mine must be messed up my arms barley go over the bottom bracket ive even tried hitting the on and they dont go any farther and i know they need to theres a huge gap ok thanks anyway

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
You can't help the arms you were born with, but you can help the ones you buy rotfl Really though, good luck with figuring it out, let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I may have left out one important factor in the cranks: Three piece adapter set.

I am running a manic mechanic 56T sprocket and hub adapter. I am considering a 62T Sprocket or even a 66T when I put the ammo can panniers on. The bike rides strong & Smoothe at high speeds, I'd like to put a little more cruise into her.

I want to paint the tank flat black and powdercoat a lot of that silver stuff outta there. I may even paint the whole engine black.