HS four stroke manual...

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've been looking through our archives for a manual on the HS engine without luck. Is there one? Is there a schematic? A parts list? Where can a person order replacement parts if the need arises? I can't find pictures of one which identify carburetor parts and what the initial settings should be. Are there PDF files somewhere which can be downloaded? Thanks,
SB

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
SB,,,
here is the service manual for the Honda as well as exploded view of the HS :)

this is a how-to on adjusting the carb, written by Quenton (borrowed from the 'other' forum ;))

" Adjusting the EZM/HS carburetor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to adjust the carburetor it is necessary to warm the motor up first. The motor should have at least 5 minutes running time before any adjustments are made.

On the left side of the carburetor near the front is the idle mixture screw.

On the EZM/HS motor the idle mixture screw is a fuel adjustment, not an air adjustment.

Simply adjust the screw for maximum idle, and then turn the screw approx 1/16" counter-clockwise [slightly rich].

Check the throttle response, and adjust the mixture if there is a hesitation. Turn screw clockwise if it "bulks" and then catches on [rich], or adjust screw counter-clockwise if it accelerates and then drops off quickly [lean].

More information.........

The average setting is 2 turns out [1.75 ~ 2.25 turns]

Have fun,

the PDF of the service manual is to large to attach here, so I e-mailed it to you, as well as a pdf I have for working on the HS carb

I hope that helps :):):)

Attachments