Adjustable mount plate dimensions...

GoldenMotor.com

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
I have an electra coaster 7, but my skyhawk 66cc blew, and am contemplating switching to 4 stroke. Does anyone have the measurements to see if i make it fit. The bike has about 12in from downtube to seat tube. Thanks guys

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hello Mobbin' I have an '08-'09 or so steel-framed Electra Cruiser 1. As I wrap up some work that precedes my own projects I will be putting a new Q-matic with my Honda GX50 in it.

After studying the frame I have come up with a very easy mod to the original Motor mount system, using some stray parts from the 2-stroke engine, and a front mount made by Miles Guise.

I do believe, and will verify, that the 2-stroke clamp parts will work in the front section also, making this an inexpensive, simple mount for many of the bikes on the market with inline tubes, but too long of "engine compartment" for the standard mounting systems.

I welded a couple of parts, that could be done in another way, making the mount easily fabbed up by most anyone.

I will try to get photos of my incomplete mount to post here in the next day or so if you are interested.

Mike