Back Wheel locked up

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
My first guess is that the chain might be 'bunched up' on the small sprocket underneath the engine cover.
Remove the cover & report back what you see.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
sounds like either really high compression or something wrong inside the engine itself.

pull the pull and give it a push with clutch released. if the wheel turns (you should also hear the engine turning over) , replace plug... only finger tight, and try again.
if the wheel does not turn with plug out, your gonna have to tear it down and find out what is jamming it.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
sounds like either really high compression or something wrong inside the engine itself.

pull the pull and give it a push with clutch released. if the wheel turns (you should also hear the engine turning over) , replace plug... only finger tight, and try again.
if the wheel does not turn with plug out, your gonna have to tear it down and find out what is jamming it.
That's where I was going next. ;)

jb92

Feb 24, 2016
Long Beach
No luck with the spark plug. Im guessing the motor just seized. It was running great, I stopped and when I went to go start it again it was locked up

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How fast are you pedaling before you release (engage) the clutch? You need to pedal up to about 10MPH before engaging the clutch. Anything below that and you might have the problem you're having.

Tom

jb92

Feb 24, 2016
Long Beach
It ended up that the piston was stuck in the head and one of the chambers had broken. I took the motor off the bike and im trying to split the cases so I can clean all of the debris out of the bottom end. I ran into a problem trying to get the front sprocket off. Even when I hold the crank in place the nut wont budge. All i have are sockets and I was wondering if there was quick and easy way to get it off

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
wrap a small piece of drive chain around it with a "V" in the chain to lock it against the case