info.

Thanks for reading this, we look

forward to seeing you all there

Mike

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi all, them Delta Whiz-in is getting closer so I'm posting a scan of the event so the readers can see the order of events.

Some have asked about bringing the 2-stroke chinese motorized bikes to the Whiz-in. Here is a little bit on that subject.

One problem I see is when my wife tried to ride her little SpitFire powered bike at a whiz-in 3 years ago, she was not able to keep up with the more powerful faster Whizzers, and of course the Cushmans can run circles us anytime they want.

The trick would be, as we leave each stop, to blast off with the very first wave of riders, and in that way you'd be more in the pack, wifey tried to be close to last to leave, and was quickly outdistanced.

NO-ONE gets left behind, not ever! We care about our people, and the new (first year) riders are looked after by the rest of the pack, just the same as any other rider, and we do have support vehicles in case a bike breaks down (and some ALWAYS do!)

We typically have about 75 riders, with a variety of power, speed, and riding skill levels levels, and we always have a great time!

Come and visit us?

Mike

Attachments

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
The Delta Whiz-in Was!!!

Well gang I am apparently the first to attempt to tell you-all about some of the fun we had in the CA Delta!

We were welcomed (in the dark) I think by some of the Washington guys Jim I believe, (tho I don't see well in the dark, if I'm wrong I apologize!). We rounded the bend, and came upon the Fort Brag contingency! This was Mike Bryant, his son, and a couple friends. We pulled in, parking next to Brent Markley and his wife (it's dark, we don't know this till the morning).

It Rained, a little, then a lot, then a little more, we set up the EZ-UP for rain shelter, and did some bench-racing till well into the night. During this time, Tom and Miles from Central Coast show up, and soon after, Marvin Yee, Brandon Yee, and 2 friends, they brought 1 Whizzer 3 Tomos Mopeds.

My brother Robert and his wife Jen show up in the morning, and the place is filling up. I now discover Brent and Kelly (next door), Jim and the Seattle Gang, then Rick from SoCal, Ted, and John, and others all in our row.

We chewed the fat, and went to the riders meeting. Sign-ups, and the usual warnings about road saftey, and how we do not heal so well anymore.

Gather helmets, fire up the Mighty 138's, and begin across the most dangerous bridge I've ever ridden a bike across! The smell of engines rich up on choke, a few older ones burning a little oil, and those 3 Tomos (hey, is someone burning bean-oil?). We are off!

I'll write more in another post BUT if you have pics of the event, lets try to do an album somewhere? This was the first Delta Whiz-In and I'm knowing it will not be the last. many more characters will emerge as we go along.

Till then,

Mike

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It is really cool to see people getting along ,and having fun. Whish I could have been there. This is a great forum cool ideas, lots of love L.O.L.