Motorized Bicycle Carburetor pictures how to install and rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

Sidthekidd11

Mar 5, 2009
ny
hello guys im new to the whole motorized bicycle scene but i bought a kit about 5 weeks ago and i got it up and running perfectly. it ran beutiful but for some reason today when i took it out i was riding for about 15 minutes then killed the engine then started it back up and it stared but as i was moving the choke down and wen i got the choke all the way down the engine just shut off. i have no idea about wat could have gone wrong im thinking since im still breakin in the motor i might have pushed it to hard..please give some advice!!!!!!

thanks, Mike

:-||

smittyeh

Sep 14, 2008
Thank you Very much norman, I could not figure out what was wrong with my bike, i have now realized the needle spring is not at that second placement, but most likly at the bottom, running very rich.

this was causing my bike to have a top speed of 30kmh. and horrible gas mileage.

rowenj

Sep 29, 2008
how does fuel come out of the carb?????? how does fuel go into the intake????? how does the carb work???????????? so confuse :confused: can someone post a picture or video

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
fuel goes into the carb through the inlet line, level is controlled by the float. The engine when it is running caused a low pressure at the air inlet fuel is drawn up through the main jet and into the carbs throat. It mixes with air and goes through the intake pipe into the crankcase, transfer ports timed by the piston, allow fuel into the combustion chamber, where it is ignited by the spark plug burned fuel/air is exhausted out of the exhaust pipe. the engines inlet and exhaust is timed by the movement of the piston in the cylinder. the ignition is timed by the mag/cdi that is a brief and dirty description of how it works. I don't have a link but you can google how a 2 stroke engine works and you should be able to find the info you are looking for.
Norman

Last edited:

rbrad745

May 16, 2009
Dover, N.H.
Hi Norman-Thanks alot for the great info, as I learned a couple of things from your post like the silver soldered a new end onto the throttle cable. Awsome post...rbrad745..(Brad)

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
what is the deal going into the intakemanifold. my jet 80 don't have that. i have a q for you. my first two tanks of gas the motor ran fine. but very hard to start. now it starts very easy but the idle is very hi. do you know a fix?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If you are asking about the plug on one of my intake manifolds that was for experimenting with a boost bottle as you can see its now plugged. I'm not a fan of the boost bottle. tried quite a few of them. If you want to spend money on your bike buy an expansion chamber you will be glad you did. Or one of my lights so you can ride after dark and use the engine white wire to power the light no battery's needed.
As Joe said you probably have an intake leak.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
solder just the main jet it is removed from the main brass tube to do the soldering then drill the main jet to the size you want deburr both ends of the hole and make sure hole is round and not wobbled out. Do the drilling with a pin vice do not use an electric drill the drill bits are so small an electric drill will break the bit or wobble out the drilled hole. most common sizes I use are 0.65mm and 0.70mm drill bits.

rgrguitar

Jun 26, 2009
peoria,il.
can you tell me how to adjust the carb? my motor is running wide open and i have no throttle response. how do i fix this? i want to ride, not spend the two weeks that have passed trying to get it to work right. please help.

Can you explain it a little better do you have no throttle response? Will it idle and not rev up?
Or once you start it it goes wide open and won't slow down?
Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
can you tell me how to adjust the carb? my motor is running wide open and i have no throttle response. how do i fix this? i want to ride, not spend the two weeks that have passed trying to get it to work right. please help.
You have a massive air leak probably where your carb goes
on the intake
How did you seal it?

If you had spent more on the problem instead of the extraneous info
you would have got more help
I do this all day long for my customers........

What engine? etc? etc??

Last edited by a moderator:

xdrummerbob

Jun 11, 2009
Las Vegas
Thank you taking time to help us. My problem still persists, fouled spark plug, gas on the piston, have to remove spark plug and clean & remove head and clean gas off after every ride. followed your example's, seem's to ride allright, higher speeds sounds like it works to hard, watched Youtube videos and my ride is not as smooth, don't know as much as I'd like to properly explain, if you have paypal wouldn't mine a donation. Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Can you explain it a little better do you have no throttle response? Will it idle and not rev up?
Or once you start it it goes wide open and won't slow down?
Norman
Sounds like your slide is in backwards. The little cut away, or ramp goes on the idle screw side.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thank you taking time to help us. My problem still persists, fouled spark plug, gas on the piston, have to remove spark plug and clean & remove head and clean gas off after every ride. followed your example's, seem's to ride allright, higher speeds sounds like it works to hard, watched Youtube videos and my ride is not as smooth, don't know as much as I'd like to properly explain, if you have paypal wouldn't mine a donation. Thanks

Sounds like you are running too rich.