Questions for Quenton

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've read your posts about Whizzer engine mods and I understand that I should do nothing to increase power (heat) to my WC-1. Does that include cleaning up the intake/exhaust? Also, do mods exist that I can safely do on this WC-1? Your word is gospel. Thank you.

Hi Weedylot,
My computer is missing a few messages, just became aware of the post. Best solution is don't alter anything. However the stock WC-1 is really restricted and is very difficult to ride, but advancing the camshaft one tooth [suggested in the original service manual] will help but will also lean the motor from its heavy rich condition and help the power slightly. It will also raise the motor temp. a little because it will burn leaner [hotter]. Just remember it doesn't really matter because anything you do to produce more power will produce more heat. If you clean up the ports, the motor will run better, but will also rev higher and guess what, more heat. If I were you, I would locate the necessary parts to make the upgrade, because they might not be available in the future.

Have fun,
Quenton

I think Whizzer is out of the NE cylinder upgrade kits and has been for some time. I stripped a bunch of new motors and sold the parts to a lot of WC-1 owners to keep them going. I just received 2 motors today I am going to install cylinder kits on. The kits are scarce, so you might check with Dealers on the internet to locate the parts needed. Hopefully Whizzer will have some in stock soon because a lot of WC-1 owners are going to need the motor upgraded or stop riding.
I will most likely take a few motors & upgrade parts to the event this weekend in Lewes, DE. So if you have a WC-1, live on the east coast [mid Atlantic area], go to the show/event at Lewes, DE, I might just have the parts you need to upgrade. I will also be bringing the "mystery ship" motorbike, as some have called it, and plan on letting everyone ride it.
I am looking into other options for upgrading the WC-1 motor, but haven't settled on a manufacturing company yet.

Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'll have to pass on the east coast right now.
I'll will be saving my pennies for some Whizzer engine parts though.
Thanks Quenton, I'll be getting them from you.

ws50599

Sep 30, 2008
Say on the Ambassador out of the box...what are the two screws on the carburetor? one is gold by the bowl and one is silver up by the neck where the cable goes in from the throttle. bike starts and runs great but has a tendency not to idle at the stop signs and dies. Won't just idle with out constantly giving it gas. what can I adjust? any of those screws?

Hi WS50599,
The screw located at the top is for the mechanical idle adjustment. The screw towards the rear, but just above the bowl is the air/fuel adjustment and the very bottom screw of the bowl is the fuel drain. The correct way to adjust the carburetor is to warm up motor, turn the air/fuel screw for maximum idle speed, then adjust the top idle screw to make motor idle at approx 1200 RPMs. Never lower the idle speed below 1000 RPMs because the motor uses the extension on the rod [dasher] to "sling" the oil around the crankcase.

Have fun,
Quenton

ws50599

Sep 30, 2008
have a question regarding underneath the seat. there is a black hose that comes out of the bottom rear motor under the seat and then goes into what looks like a black in and out filter. on the end is an open hole protrusion and on the other part of this filter is a clear tube that is blocked at the end. Should the end of the black filter be plugged at the protrusion? oil seems to be shooting out of it...not alot, but enough to get my rear fender and belt oily.