Tucson Whizzer Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Took a short ride around Tucson's University of Arizona and the quaint area just north of downtown called Fourth Avenue.

:ride2:

0928081122.jpg

0928081112.jpg

0928081109.jpg

0928081115.jpg

0928081038.jpg

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Thank you Dan. I was using my cell phone and had it on the wrong setting. Luckily it didn't pick up the oxidized paint and road grime. The sky was actually blue, not lavender. I talked to a guy that was riding a Riva scooter in the bike lane, he asked about the price and gave a thumbs up.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hey! I'm sure glad you had a nice ride! You musta went home hungry, and I just cannot figure out how they can sell Taco's from behing an 8 foot chain-link fence?

I did see that they left the army truck out tho?

Mike

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Sadly the taco stand was closed, after all, it is Sunday. I'll get a picture of the pedi-cab parked behind the giant head next time. The ambulance is a Mercedes and the door that had the "Do not block" was spewing some potent V.O.Cs 0928081125.jpg Here's the new Amtrak station in the background and the sign on the skyline is the world famous haunted Hotel Congress where John Dillinger was once captured.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Thank you. I've been keeping the rides short because the Whizzer isn't really "broken in" yet. Less than 200 miles on it in 10 years, it sat neglected on a back porch since it was new. I'm finding crusty rubber, oxidized paint and dry joints and bearings. I've got to ask Quenton about whether I can hog out the restrictor plate. If I read correctly, he said nothing should be done on this WC-1 engine. I am thinking that cleaning up the exhaust and intake is OK though.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
That Whizzer looks just fine. The ride looks like fun too. I like the Tucson area but have just been thru about once a year for 30 years. I don't know it well so I'll have to come down and get a guided tour.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
You're welcome here any time you get down here, a few days notice would help so I can schedule my work time around my fun time. I've lived here for 37 years and still get confused sometimes around the "new" areas that were built twenty years ago.