Nor-Cal Whizzer Ride

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi guys, some others are begginning to plan a nor-cal Whizzer ride, let me know who might be interested in riding with us?

The 2-stroke bikes are generally not fast enough, nor powerful enough, but I think we can see if it would be open to them also.

Mike

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI Joe, I don't know what the others think. There is much opposition to smokey 2-strokes in a portion of this part of CA.

IF enuf bay area riders want to ride with us, I could surely ask that they be accepted.

I guess we need a show of hands as to inretest level?

Mike

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
HI Joe, I don't know what the others think. There is much opposition to smokey 2-strokes in a portion of this part of CA.

IF enuf bay area riders want to ride with us, I could surely ask that they be accepted.

I guess we need a show of hands as to inretest level?

Mike
Mike,
What part of the bay area are you from? Most of us are in the San Jose area. Ther will be a race on the 18th of this month at the Employee HP Pavilion Parking lot.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Tell your buddies there that these are not smokey two strokes, just regular ones...maybe if they promise to use a synthetic oil or put a cat on the engine, then the elite won't be offended?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Tell your buddies there that these are not smokey two strokes, just regular ones...maybe if they promise to use a synthetic oil or put a cat on the engine, then the elite won't be offended?

Well then I recommend the Elite not coming to these races b/c there's nothing but loud smokey annoying 2 strokes everywhere. :D

Good luck on your ride.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi I'm not from the Bay, I'm in Sacramento. Origionally I was putting together a ride in "The Peoples Republic of Davis" where I've already been sneered at by the do-gooder tree-huggin mental midgets!

The Bay Area deal I was alluding to is being fronted by Whiz-Kid. I have ridden 2-strokes off and on for many years, BUT if these guys want to promote Whizzer, I wonder if the smoke might confuse the public, diluting the impact of the Whizzers themselves?

Mike

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would try to keep it an all-Whizzer event then.

I'm still not sure where the smoke is coming from though. I had to photoshop the smoke into the pictures of my Chinese two stroke bicycle motor.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
No Problem Mike, I completely understand. I know how Tree Huggers can be. As for us Bay Area Guys, We have plenty of places to ride. In fact we found a windy road up in the hills that over-look a lake and you rarely see any cars on the road.