Villiers Board track racer

GoldenMotor.com

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK
I took this one when I was mocking up, shows how far right the motor would have to be if there was one belt (clutch to rear wheel sheave) an idler/ stepped pulley now being schemed

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
In one way a jack shaft complicates with one more thing, but it also simplifies another as Curtis says. It also becomes more important to pretty much have the engine centered in the frame the heavier it is. Seems to me, anyway.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Should be flipped so the big pulleys are on the outside,for engine gear reduction.

Have you read through Harry's " Villers beach cruiser " build? I would save you a lot of work he went through all the pulley size changing,wheel belt drive pulley.........Curt

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You can still get link belts, so length isn't a real problem. Mind you, you will develop thumbs of iron splitting and rejoining them.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
A old hotrodder trick take a old belt and cut it so it fits fits around the pulleys,then put a staple on it take it to the store and they can put it on the measure machine and you have it. Works really good and you can save it for reuse on shorter setups............Curt

Villiers

Sep 2, 2014
UK

So I tacked the motor plate on today and dropped it on for a visual

I did find a link belt thanks SB, and UK

Last edited: