R E O II build

GoldenMotor.com

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Thanks to Moto, Harry, Charlie for your support. I have been gathering parts and thinkin about the first move, the forks won out. I couldn't find a fork wide enough for my tire size of 2.35x26 so cut up a fork from a Marquise 3 speed bike with narrow tires. Used the bendy parts and stem tube. The rest is chrome molly and dom tubing. I usually make all my own tabs and brackets in my small work shop but went with LAZER cutting for this one. So easy just draw it out to scale and wait for the results. The pics are of my jig and some assembly I'm guessin some guys do it this way but just don't know, all for now.

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Love the frame. Brilliant!!!!
I am wondering though about your jackshaft, in the picture it appears your primary drive sprocket is kind the same size as the jackshaft primary rear sprocket. Will you get enough reduction? It looks like your jackshaft is intended to be very close to your cranks which may limit the size of sprocket if bigger is needed? I'm sure you have this problem addressed as your work is brilliant, just wondering though.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
You may be aware, but if you go to the "DIY section" of this forum, there is a sticky at the top of the page for gear calculations. If you know your wheel size and desired engine RPM, you can enter different sprocket/pulley sizes which will show you you're gear reduction and MPH, hope that helps.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That's looking very nice indeed. Keep the pics coming, can never have too many.

Also I'm digging the hot rod behind you, is that a twin turbo or just induction into the air cleaner. Either looks too cool!!!!!

RAT ROD

Feb 7, 2013
RIVERSIDE CA
Redone intake and exaust manifolds on and still workin on gears and mounts for jackshaft, I wanted to do a one shat for all deal but didn't work out. The pully on the right side is for starting will us a cable to disengage after started.

Attachments