New member - San Diego, CA

GoldenMotor.com

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
Hey everyone. I am a new member to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Matt (Hollywood) and I'm from San Diego, CA.. I grew up in a little town called Ramona and moved to El Cajon a few years ago. I've been riding motorcycles and bicycles since I was a little kid. I used to race motorcycles at Barona, BMX at cactus park, Downhill at Anderson Truck Trail and a little road cycling along the coast.
I have been reading through this forum and Google-ing about motorized bicycles for about a month now. I recently got my license plate for my bicycle and plan on getting my M1 permit soon.
After a lot of research I'm finally ready to purchase my motor kit this coming weekend. I am a heavy machine mechanic and have been wrenching on cars and trucks for years. So this weekend I will tackle the install.
I have a Kent 26" MTB I picked up from a co-worker for $20 that I will be using. I measured, counted, double checked and made sure everything would work out. I can't wait to get out there and cruise around (after proper break-in of course).
While searching around about all these motorized bicycles, I stumbled upon motorized choppers and thought how cool. I had an old Powerlite P28 frame laying around and decided to hack it up and build one. I will post a thread in the proper forum with all the details very soon.
I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself before posting.
Thanks to everyone here, I have already learned a great deal just browsing through these forums.
Ride safe!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum, Matt!
I am right next door to you in Santee.
It sounds like you have the skills to get the build perfect and then some, but if you ever need help, just ask. I am pretty busy with family and all, but ya just never know...

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Welcome to a world of invaluable information...this is a wonderful community geared towards the every day joe...but there are plenty of technical guys here too...tons of ideas and problem solving...again, welcome sir, and looking forward to seeing what you concoct...ride safe and stay forever...