Interesting bike at german motorshow

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I took some pics of this interesting bike at a motorshow here in northgermany this weekend, unfortunately my wife felt a bit bored and pulled me away from it, so I couldn't figure out what it was, but the design is extremely nice...

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Axel,
Have to love the ladies logic. They want you to go shopping with them for three hours but get upset when you spend fifteen minutes looking at a motorcycle. :)

Thank you for a look at a wonderful motorcycle. It would be a fun bike to build.

Steve.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Very nice old bike there! It looks like a board track racer, an earlier one when they were experimenting with shaving off the cylinder cooling fins to save weight. I also noticed it has a manual oil pump.

The rear wheel pulley reminds me of a clothes dryer drum that has been cut and re-purposed.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
A magnified view shows what appears to be the name Kuchen on the crankcase. Given the style of the tank, I wonder if it's a Neumann-Neander design.

Edit: info states he only started making bikes in 1924, and this is much earlier.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN
Amazing very interesting on lots of points the seat post it is straight out horizontal and yes it has extra spokes maybe a higher count spoked hub. It also appears that the belt pulley has meshed air breathing holes since I didn't see any tensioner it may reduce the heat letting your belt stretch to much. I also like the carry bag on the handelbars.