Neat old bikes got to see 1914 and older

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Re: Neet old bikes got to see 1914 and older

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.......... DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, best link ive seen in a while, i am going to be coming back and looking at these pics quite a lot.

Fasteddy is going to love this also. If he hasnt seen it already.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.......... DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, best link ive seen in a while, i am going to be coming back and looking at these pics quite a lot.

Fasteddy is going to love this also. If he hasnt seen it already.
I sent it to him on a pm so he was sure to get it.........Curt

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Gosh.

Thanks for posting that link, Curtis!

I don't think I've ever seen a better collection of old motorbikes going down the road. Simply amazing!

and excellent quality pictures, too!

I was just invited to assist in someone's parade bicycle group... Pedal bicycles.
They happened to see my kiddie tandem when they passed by.
I told em they were welcome to use it when I finished it, but that I was more interested in motored bikes.

Gosh, that Pioneer Run would be AWESOME !
I'd really enjoy that!

Thanks again for the link!
rc

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Wow. It really is much better to see pictures of them on the road, rather than stationary and riderless in a museum. It's got me thinking how I could get pics of me on my own bike while in motion - safely!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Thank you for sharing! I like every bike there!
There is certainly something to be said about enjoying an old bike as it was intended to be used rather than as a static museum piece. Some of them are quite tricky to operate as well having manual oil pumps and ignition systems. There is alot going on besides watching the road for hazards and such. I hope that some day I will be fortunate enough to participate in a similar ride.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota

I will be drolling over them myself for a long time. It was sent to me by a friend in Oklahoma. I just had to post it YOU ARE WELCOME...........Curt

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
For sure GearNut, add suicide clutch and shifter to manual ignition and oiling. They'd be pretty hair raising, for sure. :p They were a crazier breed back then, especially when you think about how much asphalt there was then. ie, none! :)

Great pics Curtis! Those tadpoles are Sick!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Harry, your right. Fasteddys been looking them over really closely and more than once.
Kind of was picturing Silverbear and I in that tricar just speeding along.
Not much longer now. Garage is cleaned out and a lot of things refound and a few I had no idea that I owned. Yard sale tomorrow then the charity shop with what's left so it can't sneak back in the middle of the night.

Old guy memory really rocks. Keep making new friends all week and they all seem to act like they know me from somewhere else.

Steve.