Hi Guys

GoldenMotor.com

madmax16117

Mar 8, 2012
Pa
I'm in the extreme west bout 35 miles north of Pittsburgh. I have been considering building a board track racer replica or something similar. I'll try to keep it simple as possible cause I want to use it to commute but it has to have everything good breaks, lights, power. The ride to work is 3.6 mi round trip with hills. I live in a small town, you can reach almost everything within 5 miles. So the short trip to the corner/hardware store or just out about town & commuting kills me in gas $$$. I got a new truck this year and it's about 10 miles to the gallon in town. It does A LOT better on the open road when I get there. So I have a GMC top kick, I know it's not a very good bike for motorizing but it's got a 7 speed shimano rear and F/R suspension & disc breaks. I have a Dax gp50 coming and also a shift kit. The top kick has an aluminum frame so I'll need some Al tubing for fabing up a lower mount for the gp50 . I'll most likely cut the down tube an weld it at a reduced angle (closer to the wheel) to make some space in front of the rear shock. If it just won't fit I'll look at some other bikes an keep my options open..cs..cs. So let me know what you guys think.http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/cs.gif

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Max that puts you rather close to me im 22 miles from pittsburgh off of route 65 . I just finished legalizing my mb so if you need any help or advice feel free to ask . an when ya get it done maybe hook up an go ride sometime.
Gary

madmax16117

Mar 8, 2012
Pa
Sounds good Gary. I also am on r65 Ellwood city. It'll probably take me a month or so to build it barring disaster & pit falls but I have good skills so shouldn't be too hard. Michael