63 Schwinn Jag frame electrified

GoldenMotor.com

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Ive heard not such great things about those forks... But I hope everything on it proves to be awesome. Thought any of schlapin a back seat on it for the potential hotties? *waggles eyebrows*

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Thanks everybody! Semaj - One of the great things about these springer forks is a front hub motor fits right on there and the support bars fit around the axle like torque arms. I didn't have too grind them out or anything.( I did have to grind the fender mounts to fit the axle) Like coaster brakes these forks can be a difficult to work with, getting the headset parts all sorted out to install them right took some doing. Took extra parts. but they work for me (cheap) and seem solid enough. ( and replacement parts are cheap if I need any). I have heard that the BENT springer forks are a little unstable but I never tried them. That might be where the bad rep comes from. Anyway,Hopefully they don't fall apart while I'm going down the highway LOL. And, I would love to have one of those back seat racks but I cant afford one darnit. P.S. You might recognize the hub motor and wheels and handlebars. I stole them off the ratt and put the ratt in the closet.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I do have this guest bike( micargi rover 7 speed) I got such a deal on I couldn't say no, thinking I could sell it or keep it for parts. I saw it on ebay and it had a bent fender tab so was being auctioned off as damaged. So, I bid 80 thinkin, ah, somebody will outbid me. Next day I had to buy the darn thing for 75. + shipping=121 total price( not bad for a brand new rover 7 speed). rats now im stuck with it. So I get it. its brand new. bent the fender tab back. adjusted wheels so they would spin. trued wheels. adjusted brakes. adjusted derailer. works great, looks great, cant sell it for nothing. My ex road it to the store a couple times and now its just sitting there. oh well.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I'm thinking I will do it like I did the Huffy and put the battery on the back. And the controller is an Aotema bl36 sensorless same type of housing as the vpower one on the Huffy so I will probably put it in the same spot. I was thinking about getting some slightly larger lowrider handlebars either 15'' or 16'' not sure yet still trying to decide.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The hub motor looks cool with the springer fork, or vice-versa. Are you making a battery box or mounting them on a rear rack?
I used that type of springer fork on my gas bike for about 3 years and had no problems with it.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I bought these forks about 4 years ago and the only problem I had is a nut came off when I was in the grocery store. so when I replaced it I glued it on with sillycone. I might have to use a wald rear basket again. I know I'd like to use a battery pack like this= http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=459 or this https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-batter...fepo4-alloy-07-case-battery-pack-battery.html but if I had too I could just go with 3 of these should be good for 5 or 6 miles range. 2 miles will get me back and forth to work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-7AH-Sea...567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d7437a97 then id have to build some type of box I guess. UPDATE. We are now considering putting together a 12s lipoly pack. maybe

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
got the thumb throttle in the mail today. waiting on some handlebars. when they get here i'll hook it all up and borrow the battery pack on the huffy to see if it works. cross fingers

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Ok, progress so far, hooked everything up and used the battery on the huffy to test it and.... workd good. And I bought another tank like the Huffy has to hide all the wires in plus it looks cool. So, all I need at this point is a battery pack. Don't really have the cash right now so that gives me plenty of time to work on little cosmetic details. I'd like to make the fenders and chain guard and tank black. Stuff like that. Once I get it looking better I might take some more pics but it doesn't look good enough yet sorry. maybe next year. UPDATE - Got this bike looking pretty cool now. Pics soon. Right now I'm going to have to share a battery pack with the huffy. I have the same type of connecter on the controller. House plug, used an old PC power cord. Hopefully soon I can get a li-po pack of some sort together but it might be a couple of months, I broke my glasses yesterday and had to superglue them back together. Always something

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Those are snakeskin tires. and the paint is glitter gold with clear( They were out of coppertone ). 63 Schwinn jaguar frame. 59 Schwinn stem. seat post that fits new seats from ebay. Shimano coaster brake wheel from ebay. aotema hub motor from five flags with replacement spokes from we are electrified. controller from ebay. battery from vpower. Springer forks, seat, fenders, chaingaurd, and handlebars from street lowrider. mx foam grips, headset, bottom bracket, pedals and cranks from ebay. Chain and thumb throttle from I forget and the sprocket from a point beach I destroyed.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I got another flat on the Huffy and ruined the back tire. So, I removed the basket battery and put it on the Schwinn. After riding the Schwinn a couple of days I cant ever see riding that huffy again. I'm just going to scrap that one. I actually like riding this Schwinn more than I thought I would. Its easy to peddle too. Slow, but easy. Not that I peddle much but I thought I'd give it a try just to see. Its a lot more solid and smoother riding than the huffy was. And the brake works way better. I ordered some new tires too. cyclops 26x2.4 ( very inexpensive). Was gonna put them on the huffy but nah. I'm just gonna put the original wheels back on it. Put it back stock and try and get rid of it.

Last edited: