A bike to ride

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Looks like an awesome e bike. I also considered getting that bike. I don't really like the idea of a backpack battery for myself but if it works for you its a great idea

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Thanks guys, its not a bad bike for the money/stock.

Rides good on the slow single track but gets a weird slow bouncing at speed on dirt roads. I didn't notice that bounce with the Conhis motor.

They are available as a frame only at BikeIsland.com

Some days the backpack is not even noticeable and other days its feels like its digging into my spine...I have bad back.
I am going to try a saddle type bag next.
May keep the front end down too.

Attachments

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
My bike is getting a weird bouncing in back too unfortunately . I discovered a bubble in the tire. Time for new tires and I am NOT looking forward to changing them. Have you considered a seat post mounted rack?

Last edited:

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
I have not tried the rear seatpost/rack style battery mount.

I have ridden bikes with rear panniers loaded up with camping gear and I didn't like how it made the bike feel top heavy and tippy.

I hope the front saddle bag may balance this bike more.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Saddle bag hits the fender and top of the fork, so no go. Maybe ok on a larger frame but then you would probably have room in the triangle...unless its a DH frame.
I lessened the rebound dampening (rebounds faster) on the rear shock, that seemed to help the hi speed bounce.
The motor seems to work/torque the suspension.

Running 16a/750w now feels less twitchy throttle wise.
Adjustments made via Cycle Analyst 3...btw.

I was thinking changing a tire was not to bad...but sometimes...grrrr!
Just put a tire on a pedal bike, could hardly get the bugger on then went to put air in it and I apparently had put a hole in it...a nice new tube.

The last 2 tires I put holes into the tubes I was using a Park Tool TL-1 tire lever. Bad design.
They are headed for the trash.
Never thought I would not like a Park tool.
Using these Pedros tire levers no problem. 2 thumbs up!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Current charging setup.
Turnigy Reaktor x2, Hobbyking 540w PS.
35-37min per battery, Turnigy 5.0/4cell. Under 2 hours to charge 6 packs/10ah.
Not bulk charging...makes me nervous.
Color code the wires so you have no mishaps, its easy to plug in something wrong if your not paying attention.

Backpack style batteries is not the perfect thing but it works well. Comes unplugged on occasional rough stuff.

Bike ended up at 43lbs with a 10lbs pack.
Fun for mellow 20mph off-road ridding and still somewhat stealthy.(I still kinda look like a clueless unpowered cyclist)

Attachments

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Added a Magura 5k pot throttle...so much better.
Not all jerky like the thumb throttle.
This thing is smooth and great low speed control.
2 thumbs up!

Attachments