New Caviness Motorbike Build

GoldenMotor.com

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
I love the display you built. (^)
It reminds me of my very first motorized bicycle... (I kept it in our dining room for the first few months on the nice hardwood floor)! :rolleyes: :D
Ya, that display is great (but the bike build makes it that way). I think I'll steal the idea...

Funny you mention the "in the dinning room" Venice Motor Bikes as I parked my first brand new motorcycle in my bedroom for about a week (but then again, I later did a "down to the bare frame" '71 Yam R5 350 twin rebuild in my bedroom). Yes, this is a sickness...

Anyway, congratulations on an absolutely gorgeous build Darkhawk22.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If I may interject ?
Use a Schwinn Varsity goose neck found relatively inexpensive on EBay it will clean up real good with a little soaking in some wood bleach/oxalic acid, puts the handle bars out in front a tad bit more and has a real nice look.
Just a little advice hope you find it useful ?

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Thanks for the additional info. Truckd. I actually found that there was something, maybe a piece of another stem down in the forks or a welded plate with threaded hole. For a temporary fix I shortened my stem until I can figure out what is down in there and hopefully get it out. Then I'll look into getting an older Schwinn style as you mentioned. Also, I'm thinking about installing the cream tires I have as well.

Saturday was a beautiful day here in Georgia so I took the bike out for a short ride.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If you go with Cream colored tires you got to go with the white diamond cut block peddles and white Coke bottle grips but tell the truth I like the tires you've got on it already at least run em bald before you switch.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Got my new saddle/seat installed from Pat over at Sportsman Flyer. Had to purchase a small welder from Harbor Freight to get the task done but everything turned out great. I have some vibration at high RPM which makes long rides "tingly" so I need to work to get that sorted out. Probably need a more balanced lower end. I tried working with the mounts but no luck. Also, I'm pondering putting the Monark forks back on at some point.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Dark Hawk
How is that drive chain set up working for you? just out of curiosity do you think you should maybe loose a link or two? I also see two tensioners F&R
Like I said I'm just curios how that's working out for you? everything else about the bike looks BEAUTIFUL!!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I still remember you first build.can see how your style has continued to come through on your build..it just took lot.of cash..lol great job

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Thanks guys, I really like the build. I might put the springer forks back on in a few days. I actually tightened the chain just after these pics. :)
The rear tensioner keeps the chain off the rear frame and the front one isn't technically needed but I like the way it looks :)

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice two stroke you have stuffed into that thing! Man, that's a lot of show. Maybe you can't ride but with a nice patch of ice you could do donuts till you get dizzy and fall down. Tear it up, man, now's your chance.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Well we successfully moved to a new house and I ended up selling my second build. This is a pic of how it looked when I sold it to it's new owner. He proceeded to put an Indian logo on it and has since taken it to a show or two I believe. Thinking about a new build but will probably go to a 4-stroke this time around. The second pic is from the new owner with the bike at the Barber Museum. Note: he put an Indian logo on there. The guy that bought my first build actually did that as well :)

Attachments

Last edited: