The Resurrection

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I was reading through all the posts to catch up on this wonderful bike build and then suddenly tragedy and Paul wasn't with us anymore.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Paul's friends and family. Even though I did not personally know Paul I can see that he is going to be greatly missed.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
I was reading through all the posts to catch up on this wonderful bike build and then suddenly tragedy and Paul wasn't with us anymore.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Paul's friends and family. Even though I did not personally know Paul I can see that he is going to be greatly missed.
You are one of the many who know Sledge's face from following the twin engine puma build. He is most often the one holding up this and that or its his hands seen in my builds. He was 1/3 of the shop. Now its just wizzkid and I building. Thank you for your kind words.

Hurting so badly it took me a month to post this to his build. Everyone should know.

Don't drink and drive and don't give your keys to another drunk. Paul was killed as the passenger in his own truck being driven by another drunk.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Matthew Hester charged with killing Paul Caffarel - trial has been postponed from Sept 24th till Nov 14th.

11/13/2014 08:30 AM CRIMINAL DIVISION- PRESIDING JUDGE CDPJ JURY TRIAL

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I am Sorry! to hear about the loss of your friend and our M/B Brother it's never easy to console someone for their loss but it is also our loss too!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I can't say that I know how you feel, but I do know that it hurts and that he was your friend and will be sorely missed. He will live on in your memory, in the good times you shared in the shop and will perhaps be looking on over your shoulder in spirit, cheering you on. What a sad loss...
SB

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Matthew Hester got 6 years and 6 months for killing my best friend Paul Caffarel aka Sledge

A Pierce County judge on Wednesday sentenced a 25-year-old Olympia man to six years, six months in prison for causing the wreck that killed his boss this summer.

Minutes before being sentenced, Matthew Hester pleaded guilty to one count of vehicular homicide, admitting he was behind the wheel of a 1990 Toyota pickup that went out of control Aug. 3 on state Route 7 about a mile north of Alder.

Hester’s passenger, 48-year-old Paul Caffarel, was thrown out of the truck and died at the scene, court records show.

Hester told investigators after the wreck that he and Caffarel had spent the day drinking and that the older man had asked him to drive from the Elbe Tavern into Tacoma that night.

Deputy prosecutor Tim Jones said Wednesday that Hester has been remorseful and “wanted to plead guilty from the very beginning.”

Caffarel, a University Place resident, was Hester’s boss and friend, Jones said.

Jones and defense attorney Aaron Talney had recommended a sentenced of five years, but Superior Court Judge Garold Johnson added 18 months.

The victim’s mother, Judith Caffarel, wrote a letter to the court in which she expressed her sadness at the death of her son, who had three daughters and a granddaughter.

“We could always count on his help and love,” she wrote.

Caffarel also had a message for Hester.

“To me, the most important message I wish to give to Matthew is that when you decide to drink and drive, it is not just about you,” she wrote. “You have the potential to change many lives forever with that one bad decision

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/...man-sentenced-to-more.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Moisstink

Aug 2, 2013
Tempe
Sorry to hear about this. Another situation where everyone loses from drinking and driving. I am no saint. When I was younger I was lucky enough to never run into this outcome, I no longer drink. I have been in Mathew Hesters shoes and just an example of a bad impaired decision that destroyed two lives. Sad all around. Take care brotha.