Shifter Kit Overall Good but 1 issue

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Bed Time For Me, As There Is No Work I Have To Be Up By 10 Am. Now That I Think About It, The Idiot Engine Lites In Auto`s Etc Have Been Discontinued. Now Whats A Poor Idiot To Do!! I Do Think A Certain Member Is Sincere And Hopefully Will Stay With Us. I Think We Have About 4700 Members World Wide. So We Don`t Want To Hurt Someones Business Etc, Unintentionally. My Best To All Ron.

Jun 25, 2008
Are these gas bikes doing well in England and your opinion do think they will be a commercial success? Your country and the rest of Europe has endured extremely high petrol prices, I would think that this would be great alternative to getting around at fraction of the cost. I do not think however that your that your comments are significant when you speak about this jackshaft.
First off their are several complaints about their inability to perform as intended. Many people will not venture to try it cause its a relatively new idea, and the only ones I believe that will try it would be guys with extensive mechanical background.
Well these bikes enjoy a long and illustrious history here in merry England. So far things have been ticking over nicely. Similar to Jim, we qualify our buyers as we too do not suffer fools gladly and can spot a potential troublemaker a mile off.

I agree with jason in that i have never read or heard a complaint that the kit did not perform its intended function. The only issues i am aware of have been with the chain length.

These kits are so well put together, with such high quality components, you wish your engine were made of the same stuff, that said, you'd also have to pay a price to match!

Many thanks indeed pablo&co please expect more business from us in the near future.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
To Milegajo, I don't much care what your opinion is, and to refer to me as troublemaker is sort of what I would expect from a dealer like yourself. But if you have not read the negative threads regarding the short comings of the jack shaft kits that doesn't mean there not there,you just have not read them, I did not make this stuff up. And another thing, I just seen some photos of what must be the new and improved beefed up side plates, that had a piece of angle iron welded on its side. On the original kits there was nothing but the flat stock metal plate. So much for what you wrote about the kit not needing any modications. Another guy said the second shifter kit he bought did not go together like the first kit did. With this one, the bearing would not fit into the plate until filed it out to fit the bearing. This is a guy that builds bikes for customers,so he's no novice. You can always sugar coat it by calling me names and to make it sound like Im out to make trouble, but I would not endorse products that require the hands of a skilled and well versed mechanic (the average guy would be at a loss in trying to handle this)

Jun 25, 2008
To Milegajo, I don't much care what your opinion is, and to refer to me as troublemaker is sort of what I would expect from a dealer like yourself. But if you have not read the negative threads regarding the short comings of the jack shaft kits that doesn't mean there not there,you just have not read them, I did not make this stuff up. And another thing, I just seen some photos of what must be the new and improved beefed up side plates, that had a piece of angle iron welded on its side. On the original kits there was nothing but the flat stock metal plate. So much for what you wrote about the kit not needing any modications. Another guy said the second shifter kit he bought did not go together like the first kit did. With this one, the bearing would not fit into the plate until filed it out to fit the bearing. This is a guy that builds bikes for customers,so he's no novice. You can always sugar coat it by calling me names and to make it sound like Im out to make trouble, but I would not endorse products that require the hands of a skilled and well versed mechanic (the average guy would be at a loss in trying to handle this)
To FM220 "what I would expect from a dealer like yourself" - elaborate please.

"sugar coat it by calling me names" - there has and will be none of that thank you.

"to refer to me as troublemaker" - your tag was never referred to nor was it insinuated, that is your interpretation and its WRONG. (Guilty conscience?)

FM220 it seems our experiences of this kit differ greatly. "So much for what you wrote about the kit not needing any modications" my fault FM220 i clearly didn't state MY KIT DIDN'T NEED MODIFICATIONS - That better?

We all appreciate honest opinions here, to say you don't appreciate someone else's is not only rude but not the sort of behaviour i would expect one of this forum's members. Maybe you'd be better off joining motoredbikes.com?

An apology is in order.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
.......I just seen some photos of what must be the new and improved beefed up side plates, that had a piece of angle iron welded on its side. On the original kits there was nothing but the flat stock metal plate.
We made no secret of the fact that we had to make an improvement to the original side brackets. Indeed a few of them did bend. We simply made the plates better (thicker, a stiffener and the tie bracket) for the big folks, people with very strong engines and to make the alignment more forgiving. I think we have replaced two sets of brackets, including the fellow who just posted (didn't install a washer or two). Shipped the day they requested them. Seems odd that you, of all people, are criticizing us for improving.

Another guy said the second shifter kit he bought did not go together like the first kit did. With this one, the bearing would not fit into the plate until filed it out to fit the bearing.
Well our original plates were not powder coated. The new ones are. He had to file/sand out the powder coat (which we advise) for the bearing to slip in.

Now here is the odd thing from our point of view. You never have come to us directly to question, to probe or to even criticize. It's all public. What's up with that? From reading your posts, it appears that you haven't actually read through our website.

Requirements

Yet you are publicly jumping on us. If you don't want a Shifter Kit, you don't have to buy one. If you buy one and it doesn't perform, or you can't handle the installation, we will help you to the very best of our ability.

Have a great day!.shft.

Best Regards,

Paul

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
To Milegajo, Here is my reply, I now realize that I should not speak about this type of thing regardless. I will be careful not to upset anyone or their intended enterprise. The deal is this I really really wanted to get this shifter kit. But now I will keep out of making any more threads of this nature.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
THATS MY "SEDAMENTS" ALSO. PEACE TO ALL. LIFE IS A CONSTANT COMPROMISE!! MORE OF MY SEDAMENTS. laff.flg..duh. RON
EDIT: GOOD POST FM. I HOPE YOU WIND UP WITH SHIFT KIT, SO NICE FOR THE MOTOR. ENJOY.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
i dunno.......its got a bit of a kick!! lol , better watch it before jims enterprise gets slated!!

YOU GO CARTOON MAN! RIDE THAT BAD BOY!!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
WE ARE ALL VERY LUCKY TO HAVE THOSE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE TO US. WITH OUT PABLO/GHOST AND JIM`S LOVE OF THE MOTOR BIKES, THE SHIFT KIT AND CLUTCH KIT WOULD NOT EXIST. JIMS CLUTCH KIT IS A SUPER BARGAIN AND SO IS THE SHIFT KIT. JIMS KIT IS HIGH TEC MACHINE WORK AND NICE MATERIAL, MACHINE WORK AND MATERIAL = VERY EXPENSIVE!! ALL THAT FOR A FRACTION OF THE VALUE. WHEN YOU TRY TO ADD UP THE COST OF THE PARTS IN THE SHIFT KIT YOU SEE WHAT A GREAT PACKAGE THE KIT IS. I AM NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE KITS. I HAVE BOUGHT 2 CLUTCH KITS AND ONE SHIFT KIT. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE QUAILTY, PRICE AND SERVICE. AND HOPEFULLY THERE IS MORE TO COME. NOW MY COFFEE IS COLD!!! FM AND ALL, THANKS FOR YOUR HONEST POSTS.. I HOPE NO ONE ABANDONS OUR SHIP. RON .shft.

Status
Not open for further replies.