which one to run 2 or 4 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

pedalslow

Oct 7, 2013
North Carolina
So I'm new to this forum and the motorized bikes just wondering which does everyone prefer 2-stroke or 4-stroke what's the good and bad.Thanks

Chris,pedalslow

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Re: which one to run

IMO

A 2 smoke BGF type kit is the BEST way to get in.
You will have plenty of opportunity to participate in discussion, here at motorbicyclingDOTcom, cost is low, and they are truly universal.

The 49 and 99 4 smokes are known to be more powerful, reliable, expensive, and difficult to get operational, overall.

They are superior.

My vote is for a chinagirl... she's a cheap date!
and will give you plenty of opportunity to decide how far you wish to go with this.

Welcome aboard!
rc

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Re: which one to run

So I'm new to this forum and the motorized bikes just wondering which does everyone prefer 2-stroke or 4-stroke what's the good and bad.Thanks
Chris,pedalslow
Just ask yourself the same thing I ask all my customers.

1. What is your stature (weight and inseam)?
2. What is your typical daily trip distance each way?
3. What is the typical terrain?
4. What is your budget?

If your budget is under $500 counting a good bike or your stature is like 5'2" and 150 pounds you have no choice but to go 2-stroke.

If it's over $500 I like the 49cc HS with 4G tranny on a steel bike like this 29" Macargi Fatal Love or the 26" Pantera.

Under $600 including the bike.
Pull start, automatic clutch, and regular gas. They have far fewer problems than the 2-strokes, legal in most states, and they do 30+ MPH.

Last edited: