Texas boardtracker build!

GoldenMotor.com

txcycle

Oct 8, 2010
southeast ,tx
I got around to making my lower "fake " crankcase covers. I used some 1/8 inch aluminum . They kinda looked to plain at first so made another pattern for the center to make it look more 3 dimensional . I plan on using brass fasteners to put them together . Then ill take a scotch brite pad to them for a brushed look.

image-3646709478.jpg

image-3041713532.jpg

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is a pic of my set up, round to better memic the crank case of old engines, I was going to run it on the inside but found out that by placing it on the outside I got a much more authentic look matching the shapes of the Indian mounts and then I'll dress up the red plate with some stuff I found at a Motorcycle junk yard, here is an oil pump cover I found off an old Triumph, it will go on the right side of the crank case plate and the plumbing will be connected to it for an electrical wiring tunel to the inside of the Faux crank then up to the Jaguar coil wich I'll fabricate a couple of Chinee engines magnito covers for a faux magnito box in front of the engine to house the coil and electrical connections.
If you don't have a motorcycle junk yard you can go to a 99 cent store or thrift store and get a couple of SS ash tray's and mount them in the color that the bike is going to be.
You could even polish the crank plate(not mounts) mask off some 1/4" lines then scotch brite over exposed areas to give a billet look and add even more depth and detail to it,I would experiment on a different piece first, you'll see that the possibilities are endless.
Looks good! experiment a little

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Congrats on the new wee one! Been quietly watching your build come along. Fantastic ideas and implimentation. Heres a thought for the lower "cases" I love engine turning (jeweling) but have no patience for it. I bought some decal stuff that looks like jeweling and put it on my Taylor build. I did not have high hopes for it when I ordered it online, but was quite impressed when it showed up. In person its really quite convincing! Might give it a thought.

Attachments

txcycle

Oct 8, 2010
southeast ,tx
Thanks truckd and velodrome!!! You guys have some great ideas I didn't think of yet.. Is always good to get a few more eyes on my bike to see what I'm missing. My new boy(Cash) is doing great! Of course now I have a bit of a cold and try to keep my distance so not to get him sick:(. As soon as I finish my board tracker I'm gonna start on his hot rod little red wagon:)!!!!

txcycle

Oct 8, 2010
southeast ,tx
Well.... Turns out I'm gonna go back with the 99cc for now. The old unknown motor is acting up. I'm getting tons of smoke out of the pipe and a oil soaked plug. Pulled the cover/head and oil in cylinder!!!! Don't have time to jack with it right now... I fix it later. The 99 does look good on there too. Gonna put a 22 mm pz20 carb on it. Like the slide carb way better. I won't have to deal with the messy throttle linkages too.

image-2151486754.jpg

image-667766706.jpg

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I really like the bike, the motor looks good too. Not really a fan of the head pointed back but I looks cool and different on the bike. I don't think people realize how much work goes Into to a custom build. Keep up the good work.