New kid from MI.

GoldenMotor.com

Kilroy6644

Aug 31, 2011
Saginaw, MI
Hi, everybody. New kid here from Saginaw, MI.

I accidentally found this place yesterday, when I did a GIS looking for a representative picture of my bike to show my aunt. The first picture I clicked was my bike... with a motor. I found this to be incredibly cool, and spent most of the evening browsing this site. I spent the rest of the evening daydreaming about what I wanted to build. I happen to like my bike the way it is, so I won't be doing anything with that particular one, but sooner or later I'll get another bike and an engine to go with it.

I'm not very mechanically inclined, so the thought of working with engines and sprockets and chains and all that good stuff is a bit frightening. So for now, you won't hear much from me. I'll be lurking around, soaking up what I can, occasionally chiming in to tell somebody how cool their bike looks, and that's about it. But one day I'll do it. Hopefully soon.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome, you've found the right place to be.

Don't worry about being "not mechanically inclined", we were all like that once to one degree or another.

What's your bike and what kind of motor are you thinking of running?

Kilroy6644

Aug 31, 2011
Saginaw, MI
The bike I have now is Huffy Panama Jack, but that's not what I'm going to build on. I think I'm just going to get a Cranbrook. As far as the engine, I don't know yet. I still have to see what my options are. I probably won't get started until next spring at the earliest, so I've got time to figure things out.

As far as not being mechanically inclined, I'm not really worried. I know that once I start doing it, I'll pick it up. I didn't know anything about guns before I bought my first one. I didn't know anything about wood working before I built my first cigar box guitar. I didn't know anything about electrical stuff before I changed my first ballast. Psychologically, I just not there yet.

kolbpilot

Sep 3, 2011
USA
My machine went together in roughly an hour once I started tackling it. Probably another hour studying the situation before I went & bought anything. I guess I have 30 miles on it now, quite trouble free although it takes a little while to get the carburetor dialed in to however you like it. My $5.95 speedometer should be here in a few days. That's about all I'm going to do except put some different grips on the handle bars, gel grips probably.