First bike; clutch wont disengage

GoldenMotor.com

werf

Jul 2, 2011
GA
I'm putting together a minimotors 2 stroke bike and ive gotten to the point where I cant get the clutch to disengage. Ive adjusted the cable, and kept moving the brass cylinder thing with the set screw closer and closer to the feed post where the cable first enters through. When I rolled the bike forward with the clutch handle pulled all the way in, the engine still turns over. I came to the conclusion to cut the tension spring between the "feed post" and clutch actuator lever the brass thing attaches to, to make it shorter to hopefully get more leverage on the clutch to disengage it. The engine still turns over. The engine is one I bought from bikeberry.com and its yet to have been started or to even see the spark plug yet. Im just trying to figure out why the clutch wont disngage. This is my first bike and I was inspired to build one after riding one my neighbor had built. And plus, this is a great way to buzz about here on base. The bike is a Huffy Panama Jack cruiser and Ive done my own wire tuck through the handlebars as well hiding the throttle cable into the frame.