Help. Can't get it running.

GoldenMotor.com

Bobby S

Jun 17, 2011
pomona, ca
I noticed that when the engine shuts off, and the clutch is released air escapes for the spark plug hole. Is that okay or should I tighten it more??

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Bad news...not a good sign. Yes it might tighten, but don't over do it. If a factory plug change to a NGK or the like. If this doesn't do it, and before I bought a new head, I go to Home Depot or the like with your plug and see if they have a COPPER or BRASS washer. Slide over the threads and install. Spark plug torque specifications in GOOD aluminum heads are from 132 to 192 INCH POUNDS

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Bobby, did you buy a plug online????

May I ask, do you really live in Pomona???
As I said earlier, that's a HUGE city area!!!
There should have been a hundred places within 10 minutes of your home that sells the proper plug... and maybe half of those could have given you advice about your motor!

IMO you would benefit greatly from some direct inter-action with some other people interested in small engines.

What oil are you using in your mix and what ratio???

It will be 101F here today... probably close to that where u are...would be really good to get this machine running and get into the wind!
Good luck
rc

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
And don't depend on the BIG box stores like Auto Zone, Advance, O'Rileys...all they know is how to look up something in a computer, most are as stupid as elephant dung about engines.

Make car
year car
model
engine in car 4, 6, 8
automatic/standard
2 wheel or 4 wheel one keyboard stroke at a time. If it wasn't on a computer they would be lost.
I grew up before computers and we looked it up in a catalog. Most mom and pop stores knew something about vehicles back then.
Catch my drift

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Ron, you are completely right. When I worked in a auto parts store we looked everything up in books, you had to know about mechanics or you would not keep that job very long.

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
BGF sent me another coil (and only charged me shipping), he also sent me a better motor mount.

Fired the bike up today on the second try! Now to go back over and double (triple) check everything and get it truly road ready.

Bobby S

Jun 17, 2011
pomona, ca
So i finally got the spark plug from auto zone today. and the bike runs great... I am really irritated that was possibly the only thing wrong...

Thank you guys for all your help I really appreciated. I learned alot :)