im having LOTS of problems!!!! HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

UnskilledMachinist

Sep 4, 2010
Oklahoma
Hi i just got my SkyHawk 2010 model Grubee 66cc engine today,
i spent all day getting it togeather and 2 bikes to get it all assembled.
now that its all togeather. i gassed it up, went to test it, and went 1 foot, chain stuck.
worked on that for 3 hours, still stuck, now i got gas leaking from every nook and cranny!
managed to get the leak somwhat under control. it was coming out of my air filter, carberator, and whatnot/ i also have a couple of clear hoses that stick out of the carb, that i have no idea where they go!.all i know is this, gas is coming out of those as well.
i tried greasing the wheel the chain goes on, went to test it again, and chain Snaps!
managed to fix that and it still...wont budge. i did notice however, the chain gets snagged inside the
clutch gear place. on the area where its a pain to get the chain on in the first time you get it on.
i tried tapping on that thing in the middle of the gear in the clutch area, nothing changed...i am truley Stumped!:-||

and the directions on "How to install and put togeather" wasnt very helpfull at All....

can anyone help me with some advice on what am i doing wrong? and what can i do to get this beaut if a bike up and running, Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

UnskilledMachinist

Sep 4, 2010
Oklahoma
figured out the Chain problem, i had a few Extra links on it, now its tight and no more jams, now i need to figure the leaking gas problem, and the hookups to where ever the "hoses from the carb" Goes..... the gas is litterly POuring like a faucet out of any place gas can come out of...

i still need help!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Is this a Grubee kit?

Sounds like your float is stuck, and those hoses ned to be hooked up, or capped off. I am not familiar with this "new" carb....but an expert should be along to help you shortly.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Best thing to do is goto a plumbing store to get some parts and redo the entire gas line , taps and all. Put thread sealer on everything including the carb bowl drain screw. I used Permatex gasket maker to seal all my gas line threads.

I am going to do my fuel line in copper eventually but this is how my line looks atm :

On that tap into my gas tank there is an o-ring behind the washer too. That was my problem spot and now its dry as a bone.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Like Joe said, your float definately is stuck, and/or there's a piece of crud in there. Double check all your lines like Rootman said, and get a fuel filter too! Pop your bowl off and inspect it if your lines are solid!

UnskilledMachinist

Sep 4, 2010
Oklahoma
i got my engine running! but....after i ran it, brought it home took a quick smoke break, went back to it, and Woosh! i had flames in between my legs! i managed to put them out really fast. i noticed i left the fuel shut off on, so i turned it off, left it for 30 minutes, then tried again. again. fire. put that out fast and now here i am,
what is going on? do you know? i dont wanna blow up....

also i noticed when i pull the throttle back all the way. it almost dies out.
i release it alittle and it picks up. how do i solve this?

srx

Sep 1, 2010
MN
You need to clean the bowl and needle and seat, all it takes is a tiny obstruction to keep the needle from seating in the seat which the float operates as demand for fuel in the bowl is needed. Hope that makes sense...very easy job. Good luck

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Iam always looking in that pocket in the engine under the carb for any signs of fuel before starting.

You should too hot pants.

:)