freewheel crank

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pablo - Do you think your kit would would work with a 5 speed internal hub shifter? I would like to install one on the Schwinn. How are the rear derailleurs holding up to the extra power from the engine? have fun, Dave
Rear derailleurs holding up fine. So far no reports of explosions or anything rotfl :eek: Actually better than our best expectations.

I'm never sure of every internal hub, but it should work if you lay off the 6000 rpm full throttle, full torque uphill shifts. (^)

MtDandy

Aug 14, 2012
Australia- Melbourne
I think a clutch would solve the issue on the engine. But I agree withyou if you are running the engine chain to the main crank you need a freewheel up there.

The real question is where do you get one cheap? New or used? Ebay and craigslist are a dead end.

I put an ad on craigslist to see what I get but I haven't had much luck searching for parts like that before so we'll see what I get. I might call and chat with my local guys.
Brand New 44 Tooth Freewheel Hub Pedal Crank For Push Bike Bicycle Mountain Bike
auflg
Visit store: Powercycle Australia Store

MtDandy

Aug 14, 2012
Australia- Melbourne
G'day to all. My 1st bike project ..I just installed a 4 stroke Titan/ HSeng into my MTB 26"discbreak, large frame. It has a new style 6:1(cent' clutch) reduction gearbox attached. Im going to use a freewheel crank and sprocket on the left side of the bike to align a chain from the gearbox drive sprocket to the crank sprocket. Im hoping this works similar to the trikbike kit, without* the crossover style from one side to the other. Im hoping to retain the cluster gears for use on the right hand side. Ive made changes to the bottom bracket ,with one side of the the spindle being longer, which has lengthened the left side peddle, to enable use of it outside the gearbox width. Aligning the 2 sprockets has meant a visit to an engineer to make adjustments to the gearbox sprocket to suit.( currently waiting on delivery of it) Im realy hoping this works. Any suggestions would be most welcome thanks...roll on