08 Giant Simple Single (First Build)

GoldenMotor.com

Trae

Mar 21, 2009
Little Rock, AR
This is my first build I've been taking my time with it trying different mounting and routing positions. I decided to go with a thumb throttle to keep the saddle grips. I need to install a front brake also, besides finishing the wiring and chain. Any one have any suggestions for alternative gas tanks? I was thing something like a cylinder type tank in the front of the bike but haven't found one in a good size. Just don't want the stock kit tank on b/c I don't want to throw of the lines of the bike.
pics were taken in the dark so pardon the quality.

Last edited:

Forkt

May 7, 2009
Redwood city
Ahh okay, I had sent him an email about a week or two ago and he never replied so I assumed he was no longer making them, those are sweet! Nice bike BTW

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Ahh okay, I had sent him an email about a week or two ago and he never replied so I assumed he was no longer making them, those are sweet! Nice bike BTW
Jim tends to be busier than a one armed paper hanger with an itch so don't take offense. He'll get back to you eventually.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Nice looking ride.. Chain is way too lose. Keep it tight for the first mile or two, then let it loosen up a bit.. If you can, put a spacer behind the engine block spacer. This will move the engine forward and will make the chain tighter. Also.. You may be able to remove another link . That chain looks way too lose. You need it tight for the first mile or 2. Did you paint the top end yourself? If you did, then I am sure you are ok. If you bought it painted, then you need to check the inside of the motor for paint. If you have paint on top of your piston, then you may have paint in your exchange ports as well. If this is the case, you will need to take your motor apart, clean it with carb cleaner, lube it, and then reassemble before you start your motor. Enjoy the ride...

Trae

Mar 21, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Actually the sprocket was disconnected when I took the picture. Yes I painted the top end. I removed ~ 5 links so far but noticed I would probably still have to remove some more. Thanks for the advice. Any one have info on a better tensioner? Or will I need to build one? Has any one ever tried a KORE Chain reactor or something simular? KORE Bicycle Components

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
great looking ride...thats aluminum...right?...as far as gas tanks, check out thatsdax, they have a flat reat rear tank...thin and only about 30 with shipping...find a nice seat post mounted rack...mount it and mount the tank on the underside...keep it clean...thanks for the pic...Dennis

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
as nice as the top frame looks between the handlebars and the seat it would be a shame to cover it up with any style tank . But a plastic gas tank from a tiller or mower ,put inside a clothlike or leather pouch ,and mounted to the handlebars in front would look cool . Kind of like a Harley lowrider . ()

Attachments

Last edited: