Cowboy Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
This is my 1998 Dyno Glide with aftermarket "old school" forks, powder coat paint and graphics. Thanks to those on this site that provide the information and inspiration for limited skill guys like me.

Spring is finally here, for those that have been a little snow bound, happy motoring.

Last edited:

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Go WYO!!! Really nice bike raneyd. I was born in Laramie and lived in Saratoga as a kid. I sure miss fishing the Platte River.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Awesome bike!
But yeah, you should've taken the pics after you tied down the wires & cables... I'm guilty of worse things tho... A few pics on my website were taken before the bikes were finished!
dnutdnutdnutdnut

Last edited:

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the reminder on the cables (you both are right, want you to know I admire your bikes and that you have given me some great ideas). I had just put the air cleaner on and wanted to post some pictures. I will indeed tie them down before taking that first ride.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
ranyed
Is it snowing there? I saw on the tube that I-25 and I -90 are closed
Rapid City, SD. is gettin hit and I'm glad I'm not there used to live in Linch,Wy. 14 years and Gillette,Wy. 6 years. I miss the place and the good people but not the nasty storms. Nice bike!
Norman.sno.

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
Norman,

Our snow quit overnight and I just finished shoveling the driveway, your bike logo with the snow plow on front is very appropriate. Highways are still closed. I am a high school teacher on "Spring Break", had not planned on spending it with a snow shovel in my hand. We may get another storm on Thursday. After 20 years in Wyoming I am sure you can remember spring storms, livestock allerts, closed roads and finally spring sometime in May. Thanks for the post and comments.

Doug

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
To azbill,

I tried to send you an email but was blocked. I purchased the Monarch style forks from Firebikes in Canada. When I try to type the site address in this post it becomes scrambled and directs the user to another site.

A little searching through google should find them quickly. They have a couple of sites that are active and only one seems to list all of the parts they offer. One site features several custom frames and that is the site with the forks.

They were very professional and good to work with. Quality is great and so was their service.

Doug

Last edited:

mazdaflyer

Mar 22, 2009
Kansas
Nice looking bike!!!
I have a GT Kustom Kruiser in the purple paint, same frame as yours. When I got my motor kit I thought about using it as the build bike. How did you get around the Shimano hub and brake arm when installing the rear sprocket? Mine didn't have enough clearance. It appears you kept the rear coaster hub.

raneyd

Doug in Wyoming
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the message. My bike was originally purple like yours.

I had the problem you speak of with clearance for the brake and the standard bolts that came with the motor kit.

I took the sprocket that attaches to the rear wheel and with a large bit made the holes tapered in a "V" shape. This allowed me to use good quality machine screws (that with the "V" taper fit flush or level with the sprocket) in the same length and thread pattern as the original bolts. This solved the clearance problem.

I rode the bike all last summer with this arrangement and it worked great.

If you would like pictures let me know and I will send them to you of what I did.

mazdaflyer

Mar 22, 2009
Kansas
Thanks for the message. My bike was originally purple like yours.

I had the problem you speak of with clearance for the brake and the standard bolts that came with the motor kit.

I took the sprocket that attaches to the rear wheel and with a large bit made the holes tapered in a "V" shape. This allowed me to use good quality machine screws (that with the "V" taper fit flush or level with the sprocket) in the same length and thread pattern as the original bolts. This solved the clearance problem.

I rode the bike all last summer with this arrangement and it worked great.

If you would like pictures let me know and I will send them to you of what I did.
Yes I would be interested in seeing photos of what you did or some closeups of the rear sprocket installation.