Ordered new engine!

GoldenMotor.com

Ravenshurst

Oct 8, 2008
Tucson
Hi all! Sorry I have been gone from the forum for so long (I know you all missed me tragigically, lol) but I have had som personal problems in my life...but, anyway, I finally ordered a new kit from GasBikes.com. This is a very low priced kit (119.00) so I realize that the quality may not be as good as the ones most of you guys have...the company also sells motors only, they carry a complete line of spare parts for their engines, and they offer a 6 month warranty (longer warranties available for extra $). Hopefully the engine will be here next week. I will keep everyone advised of the quality and performance, installation probs, etc. The engine includes a #415 chain. My frame is done, painted, pinstriped, clear-coated, and assembled, chrome steel rims whitewalls and never-flat solid tubes installed, the front fender is painted, striped & clear-coated. The rear fender isn't done yet as I need to assemble the bike and cut the fender for the engine chain before I can shoot it. I guess the only parts I still need to get are the lights, & I found some cool retro bullet lights on Amazon.com. I want to re-wire both the head & tail light to take nice bright LED's, and I am going to build a rechargable ballery pack, but I should have the bike minus lights running by next week-end (fingers crossed) Hopefully I can find a digi cam to get some pics for you all.

End progress report

Gonzo

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Let me know how the quality is on the engine from Gasbike. I am getting ready to order another kit and haven't decided where to get it from. I have ordered from three different dealers so far. The only difference I have seen is the shipping time. Believe it or not the fastest one I got came out of Canada?

John

Ravenshurst

Oct 8, 2008
Tucson
Thanks FR, I just called them... a friend & I are trying to put together a company selling custom bikes (don't worry, he knows what he's doing, for now I mostly just paint, lol!). Having a local supplier will help out a lot!!!

Ride Safe,
Gonzo